"Healthy Eating--Healthy Action": evaluating New Zealand's obesity prevention strategy
- News Feature: One step at a time. Powell, Kendall // Nature Medicine;Apr2005, Vol. 11 Issue 4, p363
Focuses on community efforts to control the increase in obesity cases in the United States. Strolling and biking for residents of Stapleton in Colorado; Factors linked to obesity; U.S. government's increase in the recommended daily fruit and vegetable servings.
- Examination Questions. // PT: Magazine of Physical Therapy;Jun2004, Vol. 12 Issue 6, p99
Presents a list of questions on obesity and health. Limitation in using the body mass index; Prevalence of overweight and obesity in the U.S.; Factors influencing the development of obesity.
- Trends of obesity and abdominal obesity in Tehranian adults: a cohort study. Hosseinpanah, Farhad; Barzin, Maryam; Eskandary, Parvin Sarbakhsh; Mirmiran, Parvin; Azizi, Fereidoun // BMC Public Health;2009, Vol. 9, p426
Background: Considering the increasing trend of obesity reported in current data, this study was conducted to examine trends of obesity and abdominal obesity among Tehranian adults during a median follow-up of 6.6 years. Methods: Height and weight of 4402 adults, aged 20 years and over,...
- A Repetiï¿½ï¿½o e o Par Mania-Depressï¿½o na Clï¿½nica Psicanalï¿½tica das Obesidades. Campos, Denise Teles Freire // Revista Mal-estar e Subjetividade;Jun2011, Vol. 11 Issue 2, p499
The recognition of obesity as a disease from the biological point of view is controversial. However, who points unequivocally the fact that it has become one of the most urgent and disturbing public health problem. The present work aims to discuss the obesity by the prism of the fundamental...
- Impact of Awareness Program on Prevention of Childhood Obesity among School Children in a Metropolitan City -- Chennai Slim and Fit Programme. Aravindalochanan, Vigneswari; Rengarajan, Manikandan; Kumpatla, Satyavani; Rajan, Rajeswari; Viswanathan, Vijay // Journal of Education & Practice;2012, Vol. 3 Issue 9, p88
Childhood obesity is an emerging public health issue in developing countries like India, yet combating against under nutrition. An evident and effective strategy is required to tackle childhood obesity. Moreover here it is necessary to consider the perception of obesity among general population....
- Childhood Obesity. Paula J. D'Amore // Laboratory Medicine;May2006, Vol. 37 Issue 5, p298
Obesity has grown into a major public health problem over the last few decades. Numerous research studies have focused on understanding the genetic, nutritional, and environmental causes of obesity and developing effective preventive strategies. In addition, there has been a growing attempt by...
- The Obesity Epidemic: Health Consequences and Implications for Physical Therapy. Deusinger, Susan S.; Deusinger, Robert H.; Racette, Susan B. // PT: Magazine of Physical Therapy;Jun2004, Vol. 12 Issue 6, p82
Looks into the issue of obesity in the U.S. Anticipation of increased physical therapist involvement in management of patients/clients with obesity-related impairments; Discussion of the prevalence of overweight or obese people; Identification of the adverse health consequences of obesity.
- Obesity: a Review of Current Perspectives. // Current Medical Literature: GH & Growth Factors;2003, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p53
Focuses on obesity perspectives. Definition; Prevalence; Sex prevalence; Co-morbidities; Pathophysiology; Genetic factors; Treatment; Surgical considerations.
- CHILDHOOD OBESITY ON THE RISE. Reece, Beth // Soldiers;Nov2003, Vol. 58 Issue 11, p39
Reports on the incidence of obesity in the United States. Prevalence of obesity; Major causes of obesity; Health hazards associated with obesity.