Supporting adolescent emotional health in schools: a mixed methods study of student and staff views in England
- Provider Views of Harm Reduction Versus Abstinence Policies Within Homeless Services for Dually Diagnosed Adults. Henwood, Benjamin F.; Padgett, Deborah K.; Tiderington, Emmy // Journal of Behavioral Health Services & Research;Jan2014, Vol. 41 Issue 1, p80
Harm reduction is considered by many to be a legitimate alternative to abstinence-based services for dually diagnosed individuals, yet there is limited understanding of how varying approaches affect front-line practice within services for homeless adults. This paper examines how front-line...
- Global mental health: an interview with Vikram Patel. Patel, Vikram // BMC Medicine;2014, Vol. 12 Issue 1, p1
In this podcast, we talk to Professor Vikram Patel about the impact of global mental health in the field of medicine, and discuss the initiatives and platforms being developed to promote capacity building, research, policy and advocacy within the established Centre for Global Mental Health. The...
- A Model of Professional Identity Expression for Mental Health Counselors. Burkholder, David // Journal of Mental Health Counseling;Oct2012, Vol. 34 Issue 4, p295
Because professional identity is one of the most controviersial and confusing issues within counseling, it is often studied and discussed. Yet there are no studies examining how professional identity is actually expressed. Because the topic is theoretical and sometimes abstract, counseling...
- Australians set up a mental health first aid course. // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);11/16/2002, Vol. 325 Issue 7373, p1133
Reports that researchers in Canberra, Australia have set up a first aid course in mental health to raise public awareness of mental health issues.
- Negative and positive participant responses to the Composite International Diagnostic Interview: Results of the Netherlands Mental Health Survey and Incidence Study. de Graaf, Ron; ten Have, Margreet; van Dorsselaer, Saskia; Schoemaker, Casper; Vollebergh, Wilma . M. // Social Psychiatry & Psychiatric Epidemiology;Jul2004, Vol. 39 Issue 7, p521
Background:. Little is known about the emotional responses of participants in community surveys to standardised psychiatric interviews like the Composite International Diagnostic Interview (CIDI). This study investigates the proportion of subjects responding negatively or positively to the CIDI,...
- AMHCA Foundation. GINTNER, GARY G. // Advocate (American Mental Health Counselors Association);Jun2014, Vol. 37 Issue 5, p19
The article discusses the organizational growth of the American Mental Health Counselors Association (AMHCA) Foundation. It mentions that the AMHCA Foundation aims to improve the mental health of all Americans by promoting mental health research, public health education on mental health, and...
- From the Editor. // Texas Public Health Journal;Fall2008, Vol. 60 Issue 4, p2
The article discusses various reports published within the issue, including one on public health and another on mental health.
- Evidence based practice in mental health. Geddes, John; Reynolds, Shirley; Streiner, David; Szatmari, Peter // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);12/06/97, Vol. 315 Issue 7121, p1483
Editorial. Focuses on a study on the provision of mental health. Factors that determines the provision of mental health services; Public views on depression; Various treatment of depression.
- Mental disorders affect quarter of population. // Nation's Health;Dec2001/Jan2002, Vol. 31 Issue 11, p11
Focuses on the report 'New Understanding, New Hope,' released in October 2001 by the World Health Organization, on patient attitudes toward mental health illnesses. Mental and neurological disorders examined in the report; Percentage of countries which allocate < one percent of their health...