The sexual attitudes and lifestyles of London's Eastern Europeans (SALLEE Project): design and methods
- Applying a typology of health worker migration to non-EU migrant doctors in Ireland. Humphries, Niamh; McAleese, Sara; Tyrrell, Ella; Thomas, Steve; Normand, Charles; Brugha, Ruairí // Human Resources for Health;Jul2015, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p1
Background: Research on health worker migration in the Irish context has categorized migrant health workers by country or region of training (for example, non-EU nurses or doctors) or recruitment mechanism (for example, actively recruited nurses). This paper applies a new typology of health...
- EOC wants clampdown on gender-based rates. Greenwood, John // Money Marketing;7/8/2004, p14
Reports on the request of Equal Opportunities Commission (EOC) for the tightening of rules on underwriting of insurance products where men and women are offered different rates. Opposition of EOC on the attempt of European Union to ban gender-based underwriting; Increase of the annuities of...
- AREAS OF CONCENTRATION AND AN ANALYSIS OF FACTORS AFFECTING THE DISTRIBUTION OF POLISH IMMIGRANTS IN GREAT BRITAIN SINCE POLAND'S ACCESSION TO THE EUROPEAN UNION. Gałka, Jadwiga // Prace Geograficzne;2012, Issue 130, p29
When Poland entered the European Union in 2004, the ethnic composition of Great Britain experienced a rather sudden change. The large number of immigrants from Poland made Polish immigrants a key ethnic group in Great Britain within a few years after enlarge-ment Poland to the European Union.The...
- HEARTS, MINDS AND IMMIGRATION. Harries, Owen // Quadrant Magazine;Oct2002, Vol. 46 Issue 10, p9
Talks about respective immigration experiences of Western Europe and Australia as of October 2002. Changes in immigration to Europe after 1945; Creation of a European Union; Immigration problems experienced by countries which have a crisis of identity; Immigration policy of Australia.
- Swiss vote on curbing EU immigration. // Regional Today;2/10/2014, p3
The article reports on the poll in which Swiss voters will decide whether to curb immigration by European Union citizens.
- Amnesty slams Bulgaria role as EU's "gatekeeper". // Regional Today;7/21/2014, p4
The article reports that Bulgaria's role of shutting migrants out of the European Union was denounced by amnesty activists by erecting a symbolic wall in the heart of downtown Sofia.
- Turkey to boost border security for visa deal with EU. // Journal of Turkish Weekly;12/16/2013, p8
The article discusses the Readmission Agreement signed between Turkey and the European Union (EU) that will oblige EU to accept illegal migrants crossing into EU territory via Turkey. The Agreement will have to be ratified by the Turkish Parliament and its implementation will start 3 years after...
- The impact of EU migration policies on Central-Eastern European countries. Toth, Judit // Refugee Survey Quarterly;Jan2001, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p102
A conference paper about the impact of the migration policies of the European Union (EU) on Central-Eastern European countries is presented. It explains how several European countries including Poland, Slovenia and the Czech Republic have followed a common migration practice influenced by EU due...
- NEF migration initiative opens next call for proposals. // Alliance;Dec2011, Vol. 16 Issue 4, p17
The article reports that inorder to harmonize immigration policies made by European Union (EU), European Programme for Integration and Migration (EPIM) will publish a new call for proposals at the beginning of 2012, to improve the condition of immigrants.