Chlamydia trachomatis infection and sexual behaviour among female students attending higher education in the Republic of Ireland
- Health in Colleges. Williams, Jesse Feiring // Journal of Higher Education;Apr1939, Vol. 10 Issue 4, p187
The article presents information on the health promotional services in the universities and colleges of the United States. According to the report released by the Proceedings of the Second National Conference on College Hygiene, which is called Health in colleges, demonstrates the results of...
- ÃœNÄ°VERSÄ°TE Ã¶ÄžRENCÄ°LERÄ° Ä°Ã‡Ä°N HIV/AIDS'E YÃ–NELÄ°K Ã–NLEYÄ°CÄ° BÄ°R PROGRAM: HIV/AIDS'e YÃ¶nelÄ°k PSÄ°KO-EÄžÄ°TÄ°M Programi Zeren, Ş. Gonca // Journal of Society & Social Work;2007, Vol. 18 Issue 1, p107
This study is a descriptive study about an HIV/AIDS prevention program, "Psycho-Education Program for HIV/AIDS". The Psycho-Education Program for HIV/AIDS has eight approximately 90 minute sessions one day a week and included such subjects as information about HIV/AIDS, values related to...
- Contents of Swedish school health questionnaires. Ståhl, Ylva; Enskär, Karin; Almborg, Ann-Helene; Granlund, Mats // British Journal of School Nursing;Mar2011, Vol. 6 Issue 2, p82
Aim: This study aims to analyse and link the content of the health information requested in questionnaires used locally in Swedish child and school health services. Background: In industrialized countries, children's health needs are changing from physical to psychosocial needs and the...
- Pharmacists find it's profitable to do what comes naturally. Levy, Sandra // Drug Topics;11/15/99, Vol. 143 Issue 22, p51
Features the complementary care and wellness screenings offered by Portage, Michigan-based Natural Life Health & Wellness Center. Purchase of screening instrumentation devices from Medica; Average consultation fee; Among the screenings co-owner Melissa Webb conducts.
- Comparative effectiveness of two self-collected sample kit distribution systems for chlamydia screening on a university campus. Jenkins, Wiley D.; Weis, Rob; Campbell, Paula; Barnes, Mathilda; Barnes, Perry; Gaydos, Charlotte // Sexually Transmitted Infections;Aug2012, Vol. 88 Issue 5, p363
Objectives Chlamydia trachomatis (CT) rates and incidence continue to increase, and university students are known to engage in high-risk activities, but studies of CT prevalence in this population are limited by poor screening rates. Utilisation of self-obtained sample (SoS) kits in private...
- Why schools should promote students' health and wellbeing. Bonell, Chris; Humphrey, Neil; Fletcher, Adam; Moore, Laurence; Anderson, Rob; Campbell, Rona // BMJ: British Medical Journal;5/17/2014, Vol. 348 Issue 7958, p10
The authors discuss the need for education policy in Great Britain to expand its focus beyond academic attainment to student health and well-being. Topics addressed include the status of personal, social and health education (PSHE) as a non-statutory subject, synergy between education and...
- Schools urged to create â€˜head of wellbeingâ€™ post. // British Journal of School Nursing;Feb2015, Vol. 10 Issue 1, p6
The article focuses on the report "Head of Wellbeing: An Essential Post for State Secondary Schools," jointly published by think-tank 2020 health and not-for-profit healthcare organisation Nuffield Health in 2015 which suggests the need for British schools to create a head of wellbeing role to...
- USDA launches a new program. // FoodService Director;07/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 7, p10
Reports on the United States Department of Agriculture's (USDA) launching of `yourSELF,' an effort to extend its Team Nutrition program beyond elementary school. Focus of the program on older students' body image; Release of promotional materials for the program that carry various topics.
- Canton School of Arts and Sciences join with the BCBS of MS to support healthier students. // Jackson Advocate;7/18/2013, Vol. 75 Issue 41, p20A
The article offers information on the launch of the Project Fit America program, to enhance the health of students, by the school the Canton School of Arts and Sciences and the organization the Blue Cross & Blue Shield of Mississippi Foundation.