Identifying environmental risk factors for human neural tube defects before and after folic acid supplementation
- Birth defects can be prevented. Whitaker, Julian // Human Events;4/5/96, Vol. 52 Issue 13, p19
Reports that birth defects due to folic acid deficiency can be prevented. Effects of folic deficiency to fetal neural tubes development; Impact of the US Food and Drug's (FDA) proposed labeling on folic acid supplements.
- Coal. Doerell, Dr. Peter E. // Engineering & Mining Journal (00958948);Mar1999, Vol. 200 Issue 3, p55
Reports on developments related to coal mining and industry as of March 1999. Background on the market; Projections for producer countries in the year 1999; Factors affecting the market.
- THIS MONTH'S COAL. // Engineering & Mining Journal (00958948);Feb2001, Vol. 202 Issue 2, p54
Reports on developments related to coal production worldwide as of February 2001. Benefit of Australian producers from the continued increase of coal prices; Increase of demand for steam coal from power plants in the Far East; Forecast on the increase of world energy demand until year 2020.
- PROCUREMENT IN COAL PRODUCTION UNION. // Coal International;Sep/Oct2002, Vol. 250 Issue 5, p224
Discusses the procurement in coal production union that provides materials management services to a group of coal mines and other entities. Enterprises that provide operational, maintenance and other auxiliary services to coal mines; Characteristics of the coal industry; Organizational...
- Indian coal prospects soar. // Coal International;Mar98, Vol. 246 Issue 2, p49
Focuses on a report published by IEA Coal Research in Great Britain indicating prospects in coal production, supply and use in India. High demand for coal in India; Expectation that coal will remain the dominant fuel; Need for coal production to be expanded.
- A Portrait of Underground: The Process in Photos. // State Journal (WV);10/11/2013 Supplement, p46
Several photographs of underground mine processing plant depicting the process including longwall shearing, underground miner, and room and pilllar are presented.
- The bright promise of clean coal technologies. Gentile, Robert H. // Electric Perspectives;Jul/Aug90, Vol. 14 Issue 4, p38
States that Clean Coal Technology Program helps power generation technologies cross the critical threshold between research laboratories and commercial market in the United States. Background information of the program; How the technology can reduce emissions of sulfur dioxide and nitrogen...
- Glossary of Terms. // State Journal (WV);Aug2014 Supplement Coal Facts, p72
A glossary of terms related to the coal mines and coal industry is presented.
- Trends Look Encouraging, But What About Today? Fiscor, Steve // Coal Age;Oct2002, Vol. 107 Issue 10, p4
Introduces a series articles regarding trends in the U.S. coal mining industry as of November 2002.