Low bone mineral density is related to atherosclerosis in postmenopausal Moroccan women
- postmenopause. Peters, Michael // BMA A-Z Family Medical Encyclopedia;2004, p620
A definition of the term "postmenopause" is presented. It refers to the period of woman's life in which ovulation and menstruation stop and menopause sets in.
- Low rates of treatment in postmenopausal women with a history of low trauma fractures: results of audit in a Fracture Liaison Service. Premaor, M. O.; Pilbrow, L.; Tonkin, C.; Adams, M.; Parker, R. A.; Compston, J. // QJM: An International Journal of Medicine;Jan2010, Vol. 103 Issue 1, p33
Background: A past history of low trauma fracture is a strong risk factor for future fractures in postmenopausal women and national guidance recommends treatment in the majority of such women
- In menopausal women, does fatigue indicate disease? Hall, Mary N.; Leach, Laura; Kynerd, Robert // Journal of Family Practice;Oct2005, Vol. 54 Issue 10, p895
This article presents an inquiry whether fatigue is an indication of a disease in menopausal women. It is noted that though fatigue is a commonly reported symptom, high-quality studies evaluating it as a marker for diseases among menopausal women are lacking. Middle-aged women who report fatigue...
- menopause 101. Bennett, Joy T. // Ebony;Apr2007, Vol. 62 Issue 6, p148
The article focuses on menopause. The article defines menopause as the end of menstruation and stresses that it is not a disease or an abnormality. The article provides accounts of African American women going through their menopausal stage and offers tips on how to deal with it. An overview of...
- Low Bone Mass. Honig, Stephen // Bulletin of the NYU Hospital for Joint Diseases;2009, Vol. 67 Issue 3, p281
The need to initiate treatment for a postmenopausal woman with a low bone mass should be based on that individual's fracture risk over a finite period of time. Fracture assessment tools, such as the recently introduced FRAXâ„¢ model, allows the clinician to estimate an individual's absolute...
- A randomized placebo-controlled trial of the efficacy of denosumab in Indian postmenopausal women with osteoporosis. Pitale, Shailesh; Thomas, Mathew; Rathi, Gaurav; Deshmukh, Vaishali; Kumar, Prasanna; Reddy, Sanjay; Shetty, Naresh; Kakar, Atul; Babhulkar, Sushrut; Mody, Bharat; Chacko, Jacob; Acharya, Sudeep; Joglekar, Sadhna; Halbe, Vipul; Kravitz, Barbara G.; Waterhouse, Brian; Fitzpatrick, Antonio J. Nino Lorraine A. // Indian Journal of Endocrinology & Metabolism;Jan/Feb2015, Vol. 19 Issue 1, p148
Introduction: Osteoporosis is a serious condition affecting up to 50% of Indian postmenopausal women. Denosumab reduces bone resorption by targeting the receptor activator of nuclear factor-ÎºB ligand. This study assessed the efficacy and safety of denosumab in Indian postmenopausal women with...
- Testosterone, SHBG and cardiovascular health in postmenopausal women. Brand, J. S.; van der Schouw, Y. T. // International Journal of Impotence Research;Mar/Apr2010, Vol. 22 Issue 2, p91
Cardiovascular disease (CVD) affects men and women differently with women having a lower incidence and later onset of disease. Research has recently refocused interest on the cardiovascular role of androgens. The purpose of this review is to summarize the evidence available on the association...
- StÄ…Å¼enie magnezu i cynku w surowicy u kobiet w wieku menopauzalnym w zaleÅ¼noÅ›ci od statusu menopauzalnego i nasilenia objawÃ³w wypadowych. Grochans, Elżbieta; Karakiewicz, Beata; Brodowski, Jacek; Jurczak, Anna; Noceń, Iwona; Grzywacz, Anna; Augustyniuk, Katarzyna; Brodowska, Agnieszka // Menopausal Review / Przeglad Menopauzalny;2013, Vol. 12 Issue 4, p307
Background: Magnesium (Mg) and zinc (Zn) may affect the incidence and severity of climacteric symptoms in postmenopausal women. Objectives: The aim of this study was to assess serum Mg and Zn levels in postmenopausal women, depending on the severity of climacteric symptoms and the time interval...
- El sÃndrome metabÃ³lico y la depresiÃ³n en el climaterio y la premenopausia. Correa, Sonia María López; Madrigal, Jaime Carranza // Medicina Interna de Mexico;jul/ago2010, Vol. 26 Issue 4, p307
No abstract available.