The burden of road traffic accidents in a French Departement: the description of the injuries and recent changes
- How many lives will you save? Ross, Wesley // Trains;Jan2009, Vol. 69 Issue 1, p68
The article offers information on Operation Lifesaver, a railroad safety education program that presents an opportunity for railroad enthusiasts to work by teaching the people how to avoid an accident with a train. The certified Operation Lifesaver presenter is expected to make a minimum of four...
- We Can Reduce Our Traffic Fatalities If We Treat Them as an Emergency. // Saturday Evening Post;6/26/1954, Vol. 226 Issue 52, p12
The author reflects on the testing of a method that guarantees the reduction of traffic accidents in Washington. He claims that initial results from the testing depict some of the method's benefits. This method includes safety education to drivers and safety compulsion to encourage them to be...
- DOT TO LAUNCH VEHICLE SAFETY TEST. // Industrial Safety & Hygiene News;Jan2002, Vol. 36 Issue 1, p12
Discusses the launch of a vehicle operational test of a system designed to help drivers avoid run-off-the-road crashes in the U.S. Assessment of the maturity of system technology to support its commercial deployment; Prediction of driver acceptance; Evaluation of safety implications of deployment.
- Thirteen traffic fatalities is unacceptable to JPSO and the entire community. Lee, Harry // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);10/21/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 17, p52
Comments on the traffic fatalities in Jefferson Parish, Louisiana. Creation of public information campaign emphasizing the importance of using designated drivers; Rise in traffic fatalities; Partnership effort against reckless driving leading to traffic fatalities.
- Reduction of traffic fatalities in Jefferson is clear sign that traffic enforcement saves lives. Lee, Harry // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);05/07/2001, Vol. 21 Issue 46, p43
Focuses the reduction of traffic fatalities at Jefferson Parish, Louisiana. Occurrence of traffic fatality in April 2001; Purpose of the creation of a motorcycle unit; Effect of strict traffic enforcement on the traffic fatality.
- AUSTRALIAN ATTITUDES TO ROAD SAFETY. // Injury Prevention (1353-8047);Jun2003, Vol. 9 Issue 2, p106
Summarizes the Australian Traffic Safety Bureau's 15th survey of community attitudes and perceptions of a range of road safety issues. Causes of road accidents; Factors that lead to road crashes; Views on speeding and speed limits.
- ROAD TRAFFIC INJURIES RESEARCH NETWORK. // Injury Prevention (1353-8047);Jun2003, Vol. 9 Issue 2, p106
Reports on the Road Traffic Injuries Research Network's involvement in efforts to reduce the burden of road traffic injuries. Membership of the group; Contact information.
- ITF reports record low in road deaths. // Roads & Bridges;Jun2010, Vol. 48 Issue 6, p14
The article reports that the number of people killed in road accidents have decreased to below 150,000 according to a report by the International Transport Forum (ITF).
- Common sense accident avoidance tips. // Asian Pacific Post;7/25/2013, p19
The article offers tips to avoid an automobile accident, which include following the speed limit, avoiding the use of cellular telephones while driving and refraining from driving when drunk.