Teenage drinking, alcohol availability and pricing: a cross-sectional study of risk and protective factors for alcohol-related harms in school children
- Advocates, interest groups and Australian news coverage of alcohol advertising restrictions: content and framing analysis. Fogarty, Andrea S.; Chapman, Simon // BMC Public Health;2012, Vol. 12 Issue 1, p727
Background: Legislating restrictions on alcohol advertising is a cost-effective measure to reduce consumption of alcohol. Yet Australia relies upon industry self-regulation through voluntary codes of practice regarding the content, timing and placement of alcohol advertising. Ending industry...
- AKT question relating to preventing harmful drinking. Nandakumar, Michael // InnovAiT;Nov2011, Vol. 4 Issue 11, p639
A quiz relating to preventing harmful drinking is presented.
- Alcohol consumption is a leading risk for morbidity and mortality; public health initiatives needed. Lakhan, R. // Nepal Journal of Epidemiology;2013, Vol. 3 Issue 4, p295
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article " Alcohol Consumption by workers in automobile repair shops of a slum of Kolkata: An assessment with AUDIT instrument" by Dasgupta and colleagues.
- BREWERS BACK ALCOHOL AWARENESS GROUPS. // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;11/2/2012, Vol. 202 Issue 4752, p33
The article informs that the Low Alcohol & Smaller Servings Workgroup is working with producers from all major sectors, retailers and the public health community to focus on opportunities and obstacles to develop the market for low- and reduced-alcohol products in Great Britain.
- Pattern of Alcohol Consumption among Adults in Bareilly District. Singh, Amar Nath; Khan, Swati; Upadhayay, Deepak // Indian Journal of Public Health Research & Development;Oct-Dec2016, Vol. 7 Issue 4, p184
Background: Alcohol consumption is a major public health problem in most parts of the world, responsible for 3.2 per cent of deaths (1.8 million) and four per cent of the disability -adjusted life years (DALYS, 58.3 million) lost. The 32nd World Health Assembly declared that "Problems related to...
- Child health month. Pellman, Harry // Pediatrics for Parents;1998, Vol. 18 Issue 2, p4
Focuses on the observance of Child Health Month in the United States in October 1998 and offers advice on how parents can prevent alcohol-related problems in their children and community. History of the monthly observance on child's health; Signs that the overall health of the nation's children...
- Increased mortality related to heavy alcohol intake pattern. Laatikainen, T.; Manninen, L.; Poikolainen, K.; Vartiainen, E. // Journal of Epidemiology & Community Health;May2003, Vol. 57 Issue 5, p379
Studies the relationship between increased mortality and heavy alcohol intake patterns in Finland. Key issues of interest; Analysis of pertinent topics and relevant issues; Implications on public health policy and practice.
- MINIMUM ALCOHOL PRICE. Elledge, Ross O. // BMJ: British Medical Journal (Overseas & Retired Doctors Edition;9/4/2010, Vol. 341 Issue 7771, p473
A letter to the editor is presented calling on governments and the drinks industry to work together to educate the public about the negative impact of alcoholic beverages on public health.
- Adolescent alcohol use and the community health agenda: a study of leaders' perceptions in 28 small towns. Sosale, S; Finnegan, JR; Schmid, L; Perry, C; Wolfson, M // Health Education Research;Feb1999, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p7
Presents a study which assessed leader's perception of adolescent alcohol use as a public health issue in small communities in northern Minnesota. Role of community leaders in public policy process; Beliefs about community health and alcohol problems; Perceptions of adolescent alcohol access...