N.Y.'s MTA Running Out of Places to Turn for New Funding
- NEW YORK: DiNapoli: MTA Underfunded. Phillips, Ted // Bond Buyer;3/17/2008, Vol. 363 Issue 32837, p9
The article reports on the agreement of New York State Comptroller Thomas DiNapoli with the Metropolitan Transportation Authority's assessment. The assessment indicated that the state's capital plan is under-funded and would worsen if the state and New York City fail to pass a congestion pricing...
- N.Y. MTA Panel OKs 2006 Swaps. Cataldo, Adam L. // Bond Buyer;3/30/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32100, p1
Reports on the approval of the plans of the finance committee of New York's Metropolitan Transportation Authority to enter swap agreements to access the capital market. Reduction of budget risk due to changing interest rates; Achievement of lower borrowing costs; Management of variable rate...
- N.Y. MTA to Keep $1.35 Billion of ARS in Auction Mode Indefinitely. Phillips, Ted // Bond Buyer;4/29/2008, Vol. 364 Issue 32867, p24
The article reports on the plan of New York's Metropolitan Transportation Authority (MTA) to keep $1.35 billion of auction-rate securities (ARS) in auction mode because it is cheaper than the alternatives. Under the plan, the MTA is to refund $700 million of dedicated tax refund bonds and to...
- MTA to Issue $1B for Bridges, Tunnels. Kaske, Michelle // Bond Buyer;7/9/2008, Vol. 365 Issue 32915, p1
The article reports that the Triborough Bridge and Tunnel Authority, a credit of the Metropolitan Transportation Authority (MTA) in New York, is fixing to sell $1 billion of revenue bonds. It states that the transaction is used to support the capital projects on the system's bridges and tunnels....
- As Refunding Ends, MTA Set to Restructure. McKaig, Ryan // Bond Buyer;10/11/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31490, p30
Reports the operation restructuring by the New York Metropolitan Transportation Authority. Benefits for the restructuring; Schedule for the completion of the restructuring.
- N.Y. MTA Changes Board Meeting Venue. Burton, Paul // Bondbuyer.com;2/20/2015, p22
The article offers information on the committee and board meetings of the New York's Metropolitan Transportation Authority (MTA) to be held on February 23 and 25, respectively in lower Manhattan.
- NEW YORK: Get in Line. McKaig, Ryan // Bond Buyer;4/1/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31355, p37
Reports on the expected sales of municipal bonds in New York City. Approval of the refinancing plan of the New York City Metropolitan Transportation Authority; Amount of bonds to be issued by the Empire State Development Corp.
- Guv eyes delay in huge MTA plan. Lentz, Philip // Crain's New York Business;11/20/2000, Vol. 16 Issue 47, p3
Reports that the administration of New York governor George Pataki considers stretching out the Metropolitan Transportation Authority's capital spending. Impact of the defeat of the transportation bond act; Efforts to keep the plan intact without committing more money for downstate mass transit.
- Slow on Budget, N.Y. Legislature Blamed for Derailed MTA Deal. McKaig, Ryan // Bond Buyer;05/16/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31140, p1
Reports the debt refinancing plan of the Metropolitan Transportation Authority (MTA) in New York. Struggle of lawmakers to adopt a budget; Expectation of MTA officials on the refinancing; Request on the Capital Program Review Board officials to expedite approval on the bond resolutions.