Schools Set to Sample Bond-Related Innovations
- Charter Schools: A New Option for Education...and Investors. Albano, Christine // Bond Buyer;12/04/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31029, p16
Reports on the selling of municipal bonds to help fund charter schools. Efforts of newly created charter schools to find sources of money.
- Charter School Excitement. Fine, Jacob // Bond Buyer;09/29/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30986, p1
Reports on developments concerning charter school bonds in the United States as of September 29, 2000. Investors' key role in raising the acceptance of the bonds; Issuance by the Maricopa County, Arizona Industrial Development Authority on behalf of the Horizon Community Learning Center Project.
- Sarasota County, Fla., Charter School Closes on Rare Muni Deal. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;7/19/2010, Vol. 373 Issue 33351, p29
The article reports on the municipal bond offering that has been closed by the Sarasota School of Arts and Sciences for a Florida charter school.
- Under new budget, charter schools cash in. Hoff, David J. // Education Week;10/30/96, Vol. 16 Issue 9, p22
Makes observations concerning financial issues concerning charter schools in the United States. Support of efforts to establish independent public schools built around a set of academic goals; Cash flow problems of charter schools; Increase in federal charter school program funding.
- Ohio Teachers' Union Plans Lawsuit Over the Funding of Charter Schools. Wisniewski, Mary // Bond Buyer;04/06/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31113, p3
Reports on Ohio Federation of Teachers President Thomas Mooney's plan to file a lawsuit against the state over the public funding of charter schools. Debate over school funding in the Ohio Legislature; Teachers' union's claim that the system violates the constitution by diverting public money...
- Getting Better With Age: Charter Schools Seen Moving Up. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;6/22/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31166, p4
Reports on developments concerning charter school deals in the United States as of June 22, 2001. Advantage of charter schools in the marketplace; Greatest threat to a charter; Ways to make charter deals more acceptable.
- Growing pains. Schnaiberg, Lynn // Teacher Magazine;Mar96, Vol. 7 Issue 6, p10
Reports on the financial difficulties experienced by Valley Academy and other charter schools in the United States. Valley Academy's financial struggles; Problems with facilities and funding; Valley Academy's financial prospects for survival.
- Bond Issue Blazes Trail for Charter Schools in Texas. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;01/18/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30809, p24
Reports on Fate Higher Education Facilities Corp.'s plan to issue revenue-backed bonds to fund facilities and programs for the North Hills Charter School, based in Irving, west of Dallas, Texas. School officials' plan to use the state's first charter school bond deal to make their operation...
- Pa. Auditor Calls for Moratorium on New Charters. // Education Week;10/13/2010, Vol. 30 Issue 7, p4
The article discusses efforts by Pennsylvania Auditor General Jack Wagner to put an end to the approval of charter schools in the state until the funding system for public schools can be reorganized.