Safe Harbor Gets Fancy
- S&P Revises L.A. Harbor Debt to Stable From Positive, Affirms AA. Kelemen, Jasmina // Bond Buyer;8/26/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31956, p3
Announces Standard & Poor's (S&P) revision of its outlook for Los Angeles Harbor Department's outstanding debt to stable from positive and affirmed its AA rating on 748 million dollars of senior-lien revenue bonds. S&P explanation that the revision reflects increased risk in the port sector and...
- Ketchikan Can't. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;8/19/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32200, p31
Reports on the rejection by the voters in the southeast Alaska port of Ketchikan of a proposal to issue revenue bonds to expand and improve the city's cruise ship docks.
- Legislation would dredge up federal funding for ports. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;01/28/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30567, p39
Focuses on plans to reintroduce legislation that would provide federal funds to port authorities to dredge their harbors. Possibility of matching funds to be raised through bond issuance should the proposal gets approval; Estimation of costs for Maryland's dredging projects; Effects of new...
- FLORIDA: JPA Gets A Affirmation. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;3/6/2008, Vol. 363 Issue 32830, p9
The article reports that Fitch Ratings Ltd. has affirmed the A rating on the $53 million of Series 2006 port revenue refunding bonds of Jacksonville Port Authority (JPA) in Florida. The affirmation is in connection with PJA's plan to conduct an interest-rate period conversion on the Series 2006...
- Any Port in a Storm. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;8/10/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31944, p31
Reports on a lawsuit filed against Seabrook, Texas Mayor Robin Riley and City Council members. Demand of former mayor Jack Fryday, the plaintiff; Prevention of the use of city money to fight a planned bond-funded container terminal for the Port of Houston Authority; U.S. Army Corps of Engineers'...
- SOUTHEAST Bond-Watch. Sigo, Shelly; DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;5/13/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31883, p33
Presents news items on municipal bonds in southeastern U.S. states, as of May 13, 2004. Governor Bob Riley's support for the $80-million bond issue of the Alabama State Port Authority; Deborah Girard's appointment as Orlando, Florida's director of management, budget and accounting; New Orleans,...
- Bonds Boost Tacoma Projects. // Traffic World;5/10/2004, Vol. 268 Issue 19, p33
Reports on the revenue bond sale for the Port of Tacoma's expansion program. Amount raised from the bond sale; Port of Tacoma's plan to use the cash proceeds for debt service reduction and help fund the capital improvement program.
- California to Sell $300M of Floating Rate GOs. Chin, Tonya // Bond Buyer;11/6/2013, Vol. 122 Issue 34008, p1
The article reports that California is planning to sell 300 million U.S. dollars of general obligation bonds on November 6, 2013, which will be used to finance projects such as highway safety, air quality, and port security. It informs that the bonds will be sold in 100 million U.S. dollars...
- Growing New York County doubles its debt load with new GO issue. Roy, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;08/14/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30209, p1
Reports on Orange County, New York's plan to issue $60 million in bonds in August 1997. Concerns about population growth; Population figures from the 1970s to the 1990s; Graph comparing the results of bond issuance from 1991-1996.