A Model of PRECEPTORSHIP in Nursing: Reflecting the Complex Functions of the Role
- Peers and partners: a stakeholder evaluation of preceptorship in mental health nursing. Allen, Cris // Nurse Researcher;2002, Vol. 9 Issue 3, p68
Focuses on a study which examined issues and concerns of stakeholders involved in the preceptorship in mental health nursing. Methodology and analysis; Background on preceptor preparation; Suggestions for the content of preceptor preparation sessions; Difficulty in relating theory to practice...
- RECOGNISING AND RECONCILING DIFFERENCES: MENTAL HEALTH NURSES AND NURSING STUDENTS' PERCEPTIONS OF THE PRECEPTORSHIP RELATIONSHIP. Charleston, Rosemary; Happell, Brenda // Australian Journal of Advanced Nursing;Dec2006/Feb2007, Vol. 24 Issue 2, p38
Objective: The main purpose of this study was to examine the preceptorship relationship between students' and mental health nurses' in the mental health setting. Design: This study used a qualitative research design: grounded theory. This type of research method was deemed appropriate due to the...
- Why we work side by side with student nurses. Swayne, Margaret // RN;Aug86, Vol. 49 Issue 8, p44
Describes how an experienced nurse helps a nursing student about hospital nursing through preceptorship program. Advice on improving nursing skills; Importance of preceptorship to a nursing program.
- Should students find their own preceptors? // Patient Care for the Nurse Practitioner;Jan2000, Vol. 3 Issue 1, p72
Answers several questions related to preceptorship among nursing students. Significance of preceptorship to nursing students; Benefits of having preceptors; Why nursing students don't find preceptors.
- How to turn a student or a colleague. Lee, Shannon // RN;Sep88, Vol. 51 Issue 9, p20
Provides information on nursing preceptorship education. Determination of the tasks that nursing students are permitted to do; Importance of building learning opportunities for nursing students; Discussion of problems or complaints.
- Tomorrow's nurses need your help today. Thomas, Nancy; Thompson, Jennifer // RN;Jun2003, Vol. 66 Issue 6, p51
Discusses the influence of clinical experiences on the professional development of student nurses in the U.S. Role and responsibilities of the preceptor; Common mistakes; Tips for nursing students.
- Evelyn S. tries teaching. // RN;Jul77, Vol. 40 Issue 7, p12
Examines the case of a nurse appointed as a preceptor for nursing students assigned to her rural hospital. Evaluation of the nurse's performance as a teacher; Legal responsibility of the nurse for the nursing procedures performed by the students.
- Preceptorship. Pickens, Judith M.; Fargostein, Barbara // Journal of Psychosocial Nursing & Mental Health Services;Feb2006, Vol. 44 Issue 2, p1
Creative new approaches must be developed to attract new graduate and transitioning nurses to psychiatric-mental health nursing. In this article, we present a collaborative nurse preceptor program between a clinical practice agency and a university college of nursing faculty group. The...
- Added value? Hart, Ian // Nursing Standard;7/20/2005, Vol. 19 Issue 45, p96
Evaluates the possibility of a mandatory preceptorhip for all nursing students in Great Britain. Qualifications set for qualified nurses; Questions about the need for four years to produce the skills, knowledge and attitude required for the nursing profession and the safety of patients.