- POLITICAL OVERVIEW. // Sri Lanka Country Review;2007, p7
The article presents the political conditions in Sri Lanka.
- History. // Sri Lanka Country Review;2009, p6
The article presents an overview of the political history of Sri Lanka.
- Political Conditions. // Sri Lanka Country Review;2009, p13
The article offers information on the political conditions of Sri Lanka for 2009.
- Government Structure. // Sri Lanka Country Review;2009, p71
The article presents an overview of the government structure of Sri Lanka.
- Government Structure. // Sri Lanka Country Review;2012, p94
The article provides an overview of Sri Lanka's structure of government as of 2012 including the country's executive branch, elections, and the type of government.
- In search of middle ground. Marquand, Robert // Christian Science Monitor;2/3/2000, Vol. 92 Issue 50, p6
Reports on the efforts of the Sri Lankan government to end civil war, and the meeting of representatives from the Liberation Tigers of Tamil Eelam (LTTE) and the National Peace Council of Sri Lanka.
- SRI LANKA: RISK SUMMARY. // Asia Monitor: South Asia Monitor;Apr2010, Vol. 16 Issue 4, p7
The article reports on the political, economic and business environment risks in Sri Lanka including the April 8, 2010 parliamentary elections, the withdrawal of preferential trade tariffs under the Generalised System of Preferences Plus (GSP+), and the 3,224 complaints received by the Bribery...
- Land mines claim elephants in Sri Lanka's civil war. Spinney, Laura // New Scientist;11/19/94, Vol. 144 Issue 1952, p12
Reports on elephants as victims in the fighting between Tamil separatists and government forces in Sri Lanka. Instant death after treading on land mines; Number of elephants killed by mines every year; Difficulty of coaxing elephants away from the danger zone; Shrinkage of elephants' preferred...
- Colombo Stock Exchange Headed For 860. // Emerging Markets Monitor;9/23/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 23, p7
Focuses on the scheduled preliminary talks between the Sri Lankan government and the separatist Liberation Tigers of Tamil Eelam in September 2002. Schedule of additional talks; Target point of the Colombo Stock Exchange.