As Rates Fall, Returns Continue to Improve
- Bail out if your closed-end fund converts to open-end. Napach, Bernice // Medical Economics;12/14/98, Vol. 75 Issue 24, p24
Encourages investors to bail out on closed-end mutual funds in the United States which have converted to open-end status. Tax implication of the conversion; Comparison between the net asset value of both types of funds; Portfolio restructuring required after the conversion.
- Closed-end funds: A bargain-hunter's playground. // Medical Economics;8/7/95, Vol. 72 Issue 15, p210
Presents a table of bargain-priced closed-end mutual funds. Advantages of closed-ends over regular open-end funds; Relation of demand and share price of closed-end funds.
- CLOSED-ENDED MUTUAL FUNDS. Dunnan, Nancy // ABA Journal;Nov88, Vol. 74 Issue 11, p104
Discusses the advantages of closed-end mutual funds. Three basic types of closed-end funds; Investors' awareness of the fundamental difference in how closed-end funds are priced; Guidelines when selecting a fund; Reasons for the superior performance of closed-end mutual funds. INSETS:...
- Mutual fund cousins. Cintron, Ivan // Black Enterprise;Jun2000, Vol. 30 Issue 11, p64
Discusses the difference between an open-end and a closed-end mutual fund.
- Dividends Cut in Aftermath of Fed Hikes, Strong Long End. Ryst, Sonja // Bond Buyer;09/20/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30979, p7
Reports on dividends changes on closed-end funds introduced in the United States in 1998 and 1999. BlackRock Strategic Municipal Trust; Colonial Insured Municipal; Eaton Vance Municipal Income Trust; Nuveen CA Dividend Advantage Municipal.
- Analysts still wary of marked-down closed-end funds. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;01/03/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30799, p2A
Reports on developments concerning closed-end funds in the United States as of January 3, 2000. Decline of average municipal closed-end fund prices; Forecasts for the year 2000.
- Funds managers on sale here. Kahn, Virginia Munger // FW;
Advises investors to put their money in closed-end funds. Alternative for investors discouraged by expensive, up-front charges imposed by mutual funds with well-known managers; Pairing strategy; Evaluation of paired funds; Need for portfolio and price analyses to determine the right fund for you.
- Separated at birth. // FW;
Presents a chart comparing open-end mutual funds and their closed-end counterparts. Financial performance statistics.
- CLOSED END LOAN FUND PERFORMANCE. // Leveraged Finance News;8/11/2014, Vol. 4 Issue 32, p11
A table is presented which ranks several closed end loan funds according to total net assets as of July 31, 2014 including Invesco Dynamic Credit Opportunities, THL Credit Senior Loan Fund, and Apollo Senior Floating Rate Fund.