BEA: You Are Here. But Why?
- L.A. BookExpo to be held May 1-3. // Publishers Weekly;10/20/1997, Vol. 244 Issue 43, p11
Reports that the organizers of BookExpo America have changed the dates for the 1999 show to May 1-3, at the Los Angeles, California Convention Center. Reasons for the change.
- Book Expo '98: Plush toys, a new PBS show, and a pediatrician. Olson, Renee; Glick, Andrea // School Library Journal;Jul98, Vol. 44 Issue 7, p15
Highlights the 1998 BookExpo America (BEA), a book trade show in Chicago, Illinois from May 28 through June 1, 1998. Comments from Doctor Robert Needlman, founder of the Reach Out and Read (ROAR) initiative; Topics that were discussed at the trade show; Recommendations from literary authors and...
- BookExpo: Light on Librarians in Laid-back L.A. Ott, Bill // American Libraries;Jun/Jul99, Vol. 30 Issue 6, p44
Focuses on BookExpo America in Los Angeles, California sponsored by the American Booksellers Association and the Association of American Publishers on April 30, 1999. The exposition's laid-back mood; Purpose of BookExpo; Lack of one important book; Importance of librarians visiting the...
- What's Monica reading? They'll never tell. Nix, Jennifer // Variety;06/08/98, Vol. 371 Issue 5, p5
Focuses on the the BookExpo America in Chicago, Illinois during May 1998. Growth of the book retail market during 1997; Books displayed in the expo; Publishers who joined the expo.
- They're baaack ... but, honey, they shrunk the booths. // Publishers Weekly;6/22/1998, Vol. 245 Issue 25, p36
Looks at the 1998 BookExpo America (BEA) which tool place in Chicago, Illinois. Return of publishers that did not attend in 1997; Lack of attention for children's books; Authors that attended; Attendance of booksellers; New events introduced this year; Enthusiasm of international visitors;...
- BEA changes applauded, though major houses stay uncommitted. Milliot, Jim; Bernstein, Elizabeth // Publishers Weekly;8/25/1997, Vol. 244 Issue 35, p14
Focuses on BookExpo America, which plans to move its show to Los Angeles, California in 1999. Booksellers Associations as praising the change. How none of the major publishers who sat out the 1997 convention have committed to return next year.
- Authors up front at BookExpo. // Publishers Weekly;2/9/1998, Vol. 245 Issue 6, p14
Reports on BookExpo America. Author participation forums listed; Speakers including, Ed, Michael, and Rebecca Emberley at the Children's Book and Author Breakfast; Agenda items and featured speakers.
- ECPA, CBPA to host interfaith service at '98 BEA. Jenkins, Maureen // Publishers Weekly;12/15/1997, Vol. 244 Issue 51, p17
Reports on a `Celebration of Faith,' to be featured at the 1998 BookExpo. That it will be held at the McCormick Place Convention Complex; That it will be sponsored by the Evangelical Christian Publishers Association and the Catholic Book Publishers Association; Other details.
- Finding Asian titles and sources at ABA. Taylor, Sally // Publishers Weekly;5/2/1994, Vol. 241 Issue 18, p46
Reports on the presence of Asian titles and manufacturing sources at the American Booksellers Association's (ABA) 1994 conference. Combined stands of color scanning and print centers in Asia, Singapore and Taiwan; Taiwan publisher Yuan-Liou's titles in a children's illustrated Chinese folk tale...