Tags: PHYSICAL fitness centers
- Kid Gyms. // Scholastic News -- Edition 5/6;11/19/2007, Vol. 76 Issue 9, p8
A quiz about children's gyms in the U.S. is presented.
- Knowing Your Numbers. Hilgers, Klaus P. // Club Industry (07478283);Feb2002, Vol. 18 Issue 2, p17
Suggests ways for health clubs to have a good statistical management system. Determination of the product that clubs should produce; Reasons for keeping statistical information; Importance of graphing a club's statistics.
- Getting Referrals From a Nutritionist. Weiss, Adam // Club Industry (07478283);Mar2002, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p21
Comments on the need of health clubs for getting referrals from a nutritionist. Factors to consider in dealing with nutritionist; Tips in finding a nutritionist in the area.
- MIND OVER MATTER. Shelley, Lynnette // Club Industry (07478283);Mar2002, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p24
Reports on the trend in mind-body-spirit (MBS) exercise in health clubs in the U.S. Factors that drive the growth of MBS programming; Technique in MBS marketing. INSET: Types of Mind Body Spirit Classes.
- Tour De Force. Shelley, Lynnette // Club Industry (07478283);Mar2002, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p28
Focuses on the important factors of an effective club tour, as a marketing strategy of health clubs. Basic components of a club tour; Common mistakes committed by clubs when conducting a tour; Benefits of online tours. INSETS: Four Tour Mistakes;Virtual Tour.
- OVERCOMING COMMON PROBLEMS SMALL CLUBS FACE. Tweito, Stephanie // Club Industry (07478283);Mar2002, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p51
Presents tips on how an independent health club can compete with large health clubs. Importance of marketing skills; Learn to negotiate with suppliers; Deliver quality service.
- Enroll More Members Without High Pressure. Collins, Jim // Club Industry (07478283);Apr2002, Vol. 18 Issue 5, p28
Part I. Offers tips to encourage members to enroll in health clubs on their first visit without pressuring them to join. Treatment of prospects like friends; Maintenance of a positive expectant mindset that prospects will join the club.
- The Power of Agreements. Hilgers, Klaus // Club Industry (07478283);Oct2002, Vol. 18 Issue 11, p18
Focuses on the sales marketing approaches of fitness clubs. Importance of emotion in selling; Components of sales; Description of a sale.
- The Family Market; An Opportunity in the Making. Conrad, Casey // Club Industry (07478283);Oct2002, Vol. 18 Issue 11, p38
Discusses the family marketing practices of health clubs in the U.S. Description of family marketing; Reason that family fitness became synonymous to Young Men's Christian Association; Discussion on how the marketing materials of clubs can reflect a family-friendly attitude and offerings.
- KNOW HOW TO WALK AWAY. Kufahl, Pamela // Club Industry (07478283);Oct2002, Vol. 18 Issue 11, p42
Provides information on selling health clubs. Cost of paying a certified financial statement; Importance of eliminating all hidden liability; Function of brokers.