Pork: A "Green" Meat
- A multi-cultural focus. Weisberg, Karen // FoodService Director;03/15/2000, Vol. 12 Issue 3, p120
Reports on how pork is featured in the cuisine of various cultures as served at hospitals and healthcare communities in the United States. Popularity of the dishes; Advantages of serving pork; Preparation for the dishes.
- Popular hearty choices. Weisberg, Karen // FoodService Director;01/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p81
Provides information on beef and pork dishes offered in hospitals. Top-selling foods in the healthcare setting; Meat products offered at the Erie City Medical Center in Buffalo, New York; Recipes for boneless pork loin.
- Customized Cuban. // Food Management;May2013, Vol. 48 Issue 5, p42
The article focuses on several Cuban dishes served by the University of Miami Hospital in Florida. It presents information on a dish called Ropa Vieja which means old clothes that is regularly served by the hospital to its patients. It informs about another Cuban dish called mojo pork that is...
- Pigging out is in. Thorn, Bret // Nation's Restaurant News;2/7/2011, Vol. 45 Issue 3, p32
The article focuses on the growth of pork offerings at various food establishments on the U.S. including Burger King, The Bristol, and Real Mex Restaurants.
- RECOMMENDED WINE. Sayburn, Ronan // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;5/27/2011, Vol. 201 Issue 4679, p48
In this article, the author recommends to have roasted pork paired with the 2006 Balfour Brut Rose for lunch.
- TAMPA MAID DIPT'N DUSTED CRAWFISH. // Restaurant Business;May2003, Vol. 102 Issue 8, p88
The bite-sized Louisiana crawfish tails are dipped in a light batter and dusted in Tampa Maid's Cajun flour coating.
- HITTING THE SAUCE. // Indianapolis Monthly;Oct2005, Vol. 29 Issue 2, p282
The article presents information on the new Frankie's BBQ, located at the corner of Illinois, near-northside Indiana. The South Bend-based chain opened in August 2005 and since then barbecue fans have beaten a path to the humble eatery for chicken so moist and juicy it slides right off the bone,...
- Ten good eats in... Epsom. King, Anna Shahab // Metro (NZ);Oct2014, Issue 387, p86
Information on several culinary delights served in restaurants in the suburbs of Auckland, New Zealand, including pies at Raven & Cook, Chips and crumbed tarakihi at Greenwoods Fresh Catch and pork belly at One Tree Grill is presented.
- Tagliatelle with Guanciale. Heddings, Kate // Food & Wine;Dec2006, Vol. 29 Issue 12, p60
The article features the Tagliatelle with Guanciale dish of Komi restaurant in Washington, D.C. Chef Johnny Monis' tagliatelle has a sauce of mushroom stock, butter, olive oil and guanciale or pork jowl. He personally cures the guanciale in salt, sugar, fresh thyme, bay leaves and peppercorns. A...