Cafï¿½ Vivian's Local Angle
- Princeton adapts menus from Washington Inn. McDermott, Karen Govel // Nation's Restaurant News;07/13/98, Vol. 32 Issue 28, OnSite p76
Focuses on the visiting chef program offered by the Princeton University Dining Services which students the opportunity to sample menus from some of the most renowned chefs and restaurants in Chicago, Illinois and New Jersey. Description of the program; Features of the Great Chefs of Chicago...
- Princeton University Dining Services. Parseghian, Pamela // Nation's Restaurant News;02/02/98, Vol. 32 Issue 5, p41
Features the Princeton University Dining Services dining hall at Princeton University in Princeton, New Jersey. Details of the dining hall's `Salute to Seinfeld' dinner; Visiting Chef Series program of the school; Average meal price; Food cost; Most popular dish.
- Princeton students lift heads out of the sand, taste ostrich. // Nation's Restaurant News;05/19/97, Vol. 31 Issue 20, p19
Reports on Princeton University Dining Services director Stuart Orefice's decision to serve ostrich to students as part of a guest-chef program in Princeton, New Jersey. Bernard Cretier of Le Vichyssois as the guest chef; Successful acceptance of ostrich as an alternative meat; Other...
- Working the Brands. Holaday, Susan // FoodService Director;11/15/2007, Vol. 20 Issue 11, p42
The article focuses on the foodservice brands at Bucknell University in Lewisburg, Pennsylvania. The concepts, such as Pepperazzi and Mongo Bongos, are time-tested proprietary brands that Parkhurst Dining Services brought to campus in response to students' requests for fresh made-from-scratch...
- Princeton Opens First Campus Center. // Food Management;Nov2000, Vol. 35 Issue 11, p14
Announces that Princeton University in New Jersey has opened its first campus center. Food service options available; Attractions of The Beverage Laboratory; Uniform of the food service employees at The Beverage Laboratory.
- Meals up in the Village. // FoodService Director;11/15/2004, Vol. 17 Issue 11, p10
Focuses on the operations of a campus dining facility called East Village Commons at the University of Georgia. Impact of the dining facility on meal plan participation at the university; Components of the dining facility; Major factor attributed to its success.
- The Menu that Roared. Sheehan, Patricia // Food Management;Nov2002, Vol. 37 Issue 11, p30
National Association of College and University Food Services' (NACFUS) prestigious Loyal E. Horton Awards Competition takes the measure of the country's finest college dining programs. Ashland University, a private school nestled in Ohio's rural Amish community, surprised more than a few...
- UM-Flint to Start Dining Program. // Food Management;Apr2008, Vol. 43 Issue 4, p20
The article reports on the initiation of an on-campus dining program to complement new student housing by the University of Michigan in Flint, Michigan. An initiative that will require students living in the new residence hall to purchase a $1,300 a semester meal plan was approved by the...
- A New Campus Landmark. Buzalka, Mike // Food Management;Apr2008, Vol. 43 Issue 4, p72
The article features the Gorecki Dining and Conference Center at Saint Benedict College in Saint Joseph, Minnesota. The facility is the result of the of a desire by the school for a modern dining space that accommodates the tastes and schedules of modern students. The seating area is described....