- IN GLENDALE, CA: Hosp. cafe sets new b'fast bar, bakery. // FoodService Director;6/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 6, p5
Deals with the breakfast menu launched in the vegetarian cafeteria of Adventist Medical Center in Glendale, California. Schedule of the availability of the breakfast menu; Meat substitutes included in the menu; Cost of the dishes.
- Understand customer needs. Lang, Joan // FoodService Director;01/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 1, p108
Focuses on strategies for food service businesses in the United States for creating profitable vegetarian menus. Importance of understanding the food habits of vegetarian consumers; Value of the market segment. INSET: A Vegetarian glossary.
- Vegetarian cross-over. // FoodService Director;3/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 3, p147
Reports on food service operators' inclusion of vegetarian dishes in their menu offerings. Increasing number of vegetarian meals in colleges; Operators' experimentation with more ethnic vegetarian-based recipes; Redesign of traditional plant-based recipes to lower fat; Vegetarian offerings from...
- More recipes being tested. // FoodService Director;3/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 3, p148
Reports on food service operators' experimentation with vegetarian dishes. Creation of ethnic cuisine-inspired cookery; PERSPECTIVES/The Consulting Group chef Russell Scott's suggestions on vegetable cookery; `Vegetarian Day' event at the Ikea store in Baltimore, Maryland; Indian dish offerings...
- More center-of-the-plate. Weisberg, Karen // FoodService Director;3/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 3, p156
Reports on health care food service operators' inclusion of vegetarian dishes in their menus. Re-engineered lasagna at Pocono Medical Center in East Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania; Vegetable side dishes cum center-of-the-plate combos at New York Hospital-Cornell Medical Center in New York City;...
- Make mine vegetarian. // Food Management;Feb99, Vol. 34 Issue 2, p14
Presents a graph of food operators who are currently serving or plan to serve vegetarian burgers in 1999 in the United States. Hospitals; Schools; Nursing home/life care centers.
- Meatless Makeovers. Berkoff, Nancy // FoodService Director;5/15/2005, Vol. 18 Issue 5, p48
Presents advice to foodservice operators on offering vegetarian cuisine. Types of dishes that can be provided for vegetarian and vegan customers; Examples of ingredients that can be substituted for meat, including tofu; Recommended recipes.
- Vegan Eating in Beijing and Shanghai. // Vegetarian Journal;2005, Vol. 24 Issue 4, p13
Presents the list of restaurants with a reliably vegan with long-standing traditions of having animal product-free kitchens in Beijing and Shanghai, China. Gong De Lin; Green Tianshi Vegetarian Restaurant; Jade Buddha Temple.
- MAKING THE MOST OF BASIC INGREDIENTS: 'UPSCALE' VEGETARIAN. Berkoff, Nancy // FoodService Director;9/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 9, p96
Provides advice for food service operators on vegetarian cookery. Factors to consider in selecting ingredients; Tips on cooking mushrooms; Recommended ingredients for vegetarian canapes.