Restaurateur Takes Over Foodservice at Local Schools
- SAPPHIRE AT SCHOOL DEVELOPS STUDENTS' CULINARY TASTES. // FoodService Director;3/15/2015, Vol. 28 Issue 3, p18
The article reports on the school meals provided by the Sapphire Laguna restaurant owned by chef Azmin Ghahreman to St. Anne School in Laguna Niguel, California as part of its Sapphire at School program.
- A gourmet school lunch. Shea, Maggie // Chef Magazine;Mar/Apr2010, Vol. 54 Issue 3, p9
The article features chef Azmin Ghahreman, the owner of Sapphire Laguna restaurant, as the head of the school lunch programs at the three elementary and middle schools in Orange County, California. The program titled "Every Child is My Child" is created to inspire people to be more conscious of...
- Tear Down This Wall... BUZALKA, MICHAEL // Food Management;Jul2014, Vol. 49 Issue 7, p28
The article focuses on the important role played by director of food service Michael Rosenberger of the Irving Independent School District (ISD) in Texas, behind the unique meal service in the school. Overview of Rosenberger's effort of leading a comprehensive renovation program at Irving ISD,...
- Small Plates Dominate at Laguna's Sapphire, Sorrento. Chao, Fifi // Orange County Business Journal;5/17/2010, Vol. 33 Issue 20, p14
The article offers information on Sapphire restaurant in Laguna Beach, California. Chef and owner of Sapphire, Azmin Ghahreman, was at the forefront of Orange Country's introduction to the joys of sharing small plates of food with sophisticated characteristic flavors instead of oversized...
- It's All in the Cards. // Food Management;Jul2014, Vol. 49 Issue 7, p30
The article reports on the effectiveness of the breakfast cart program at the Irving Independent School District (ISD) in Texas due to its low-technology approach in handling food services to students.
- AT SCHOOL TEST SITES: Internet ordering streamlines lunch. // FoodService Director;03/15/2000, Vol. 12 Issue 3, p4
Reports that children in Hawaii can order their lunch using the Internet or a toll-free number through a system developed by the School-Link Network and SNAP Systems, Inc. How the system works; Its advantages; Launch of similar programs in other states.
- Feeding kids. // FoodService Director;02/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 2, p34
Discusses the challenges faced by American food service firms operating in public schools. Changes in the attitudes of kids towards food; Ethnic, cultural and demographic diversity in schools; Students' participation in the design of foods.
- `Food-On-Run' Program: Calif. HS asks students to design daily menus. // FoodService Director;11/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 11, p1
Provides information on the `Food on the Run' program which invited feedback from students about dining services at Gabrielino High School in San Gabriel, California. Provision of access to fresh salad; Taste-test of different cheese options.
- Bradford DSO gains fourth contract away from home. // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;3/20/2003, Vol. 192 Issue 4264, p18
Reports on the fourth school-meals contract awarded to the direct service organization (DSO) for Bradford's metropolitan district council outside its local authority area in England as of March 20, 2003. Operational status of DSO; Cross-border contracts for DSO; Reputation of DSO in the industry.