LTC System Highlights Culinary Focus with Competition, Name Change
- CHCs staffed by nurses win `Models that Work' award. // Public Health Reports;Mar/Apr97, Vol. 112 Issue 2, p94
Reports the winners, Philadelphia's Abbottsford and Schuylkill Falls Community Health Centers, of the 1996 Models that Work competition by Health Resources and Service Administration. Staff members of the centers; Hallmark of the Models that Work campaign.
- Big Apple Culinary Challenge. // Food Management Exclusive Insight;4/24/2012, p6
The article features the Big Apple Culinary Challenge in New York City. The March 2012 event was organized by the Healthcare Food Administrator's of Greater New York where local hospitals competed with each other including Kingsbrook Jewish Medical Center, Maimonides Medical Center, and...
- Prize-winning pros. // Restaurant Hospitality;Oct94, Vol. 78 Issue 10, p80
Features award-winning chefs in the United States. 1994 Beef Backer Award winner; Light & Healthful food service recipe contest winners sponsored by The Walnut Marketing Board; Winning entry in the 1994 Angus Beef Culinary Competition sponsored by The American Culinary Federation Incorporated.
- Chefs garner recipe awards. // Hotel & Motel Management;6/17/96, Vol. 211 Issue 11, p63
Announces the four chefs who won at a recipe contest sponsored by Boursin Spiced Gournay Cheese Co.
- Fifty semi-finalists named for Awards of Excellence. // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;2/14/2002, Vol. 191 Issue 4209, p45
Presents information on the competitions organized for the Academy of Culinary Art Annual Awards of Excellence in London, England. Requirements for chefs.
- William & Mary chef tastes success in Williamsburg. King, Paul // Nation's Restaurant News;04/16/2001, Vol. 35 Issue 16, p18
Comments on the awards won by chefs from William & Mary College during the Taste of Williamsburg contest in the United States in March 2001. Description of the menu entrees submitted by William & Mary College's chefs; Background information on exotic meats and out-of-the-ordinary foods.
- U.S. Chefs Shine in IKA Culinary Olympics. // Southeast Food Service News;Dec2012/Jan2013, Vol. 37 Issue 1, p1
The article reports that ACF Culinary Team USA won silver medal at the 23rd International Kochkunst Ausstellung (IKA) International Culinary Exhibition in Erfurt, Germany on October 5-10, 2012.
- La Parade des Chefs. // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;3/9/2012, Vol. 202 Issue 4718, p16
The article offers information on La Parade des Chefs, the glass-walled kitchens and 100-cover restaurant of Hotelympia where teams of chefs competed by preparing meals for visitors to win awards and medals.
- Winner's circle. // Restaurant Hospitality;Aug94, Vol. 78 Issue 8, p88
Presents awardees and winners in the various cooking contests in the United States. Mark Grant of the Culinary Institute of America as the grand prize winner of Celebrate Fresh Tomatoes contest; Fritz Sonnenschmidt as Northeast Regional Chef of the Year for the American Culinary Federation; More.