Naccio Slams Analyst For Downgrade
- You go, Joe. Meyers, Jason // Telephony;7/2/2001, Vol. 241 Issue 1, p128
Recognizes the efforts taken by Joe Nacchio, chief executive officer (CEO) of Qwest communications, in defending his company against any attack. Incidents when the capability of Nacchio as a CEO was challenged; Description of how he responded to each challenge.
- Now the Honeymoon's Over. Mehta, Stephanie N. // Fortune;1/20/2003, Vol. 147 Issue 1, p95
Profiles Dick Notebaert, chief executive officer of Qwest. Probe of Qwest by the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission; Efforts of Notebaert to prevent layoffs at Qwest; Financial crisis that Qwest was in when Notebaert joined the company; Financial status of the company; Sale of Qwest's...
- JWT Work for Qwest Places Client CEO in Spotlight. McMains, Andrew // Adweek Southeast Edition;07/10/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 28, p4
Reports the advertisement created by J. Walter Thompson for Qwest Communications, featuring Joe Nacchio, chief executive officer of Qwest. Role of Nacchio in the advertisement; Purpose of the advertisement; Information on the advertisement.
- QWEST SEEKS CALM AFTER THE STORM. Vittore, Vince // Telephony;06/24/2002, Vol. 242 Issue 25, p8
Focuses on the selection of Richard Notebaert as chief executive officer (CEO) at Qwest. Comparison between former CEO Joseph Nacchio and Richard Notebaert; Challenges faced by Notebaert in rehabilitating the company; Speculations on the reshuffling of top management; Outlook for the company.
- Qwest's Latest Fashion Makeover. Goldblatt, Henry // Fortune;8/16/1999, Vol. 140 Issue 4, p30
The article reports on Joe Nacchio, chief executive officer of Denver, Colorado-based Qwest Communications International Inc. Nacchio has brought a certain dynamism to his company. He has changed the long term strategic course of Qwest no fewer than three times in his period of 2.5 years. Boyd...
- Qwest CEO moves force change. Martin, Michael // Network World;06/24/2002, Vol. 19 Issue 25, p11
Reports on the dismissal of Joseph Nacchio as chief executive office of Qwest Communications. Achievements of Nacchio for the company; Replacement for Nacchio; Financial problems of Qwest.
- News Bits. // Network World;3/21/2005, Vol. 22 Issue 11, p6
This article reports on developments related to the computer industry as of March 21, 2005. Qwest Communications International Inc. has increased its offer to acquire MCI Inc., in an attempt to derail last months merger agreement between MCI and Verizon. Qwest now is offering to pay about $26 in...
- Wild, Wild QwestÂ¿The Gunslinger In Telecom. Goldlblatt, Henry // Fortune;6/8/1998, Vol. 137 Issue 11, p255
Focuses on Qwest and its chief executive Joe Nacchio. Qwest's provision of wholesale telecommunications services; Nacchio's experience at AT&T; Their construction of a state-of-the-art network for delivery of voice and data packets at high speed; Their use of the company's railroad rights of...
- HEAT TURNS UP ON NACCHIO AFTER WORLDCOM SHAKE-UP. Fitchard, Kevin // Telephony;5/6/2002, Vol. 242 Issue 18, p14
Presents information on Joe Nacchio, co-chairman and chief executive officer (CEO) of Qwest Communications. Rumors about Qwest Communication's financial status; Criticisms facing Nacchio; Views of the shareholders on the management skills of the CEO.