Putting Sizzle Into Summer
- US troops in Bosnia depend on array of high-tech eyes, ears. Landay, Jonathan S. // Christian Science Monitor;12/26/95, Vol. 88 Issue 21, p1
Talks about the use of high-tech satellites, advanced communications tools, Global Positioning System and other new generation weaponry, by the US troops in Bosnia. Devices to help the US soldiers in informing about potential threats; Comments of military analysts and critics on the use of the...
- How to net an AN/TRQ-32A(V)2 with an AN/PRD-12. Miranda, Susan M. // Military Intelligence Professional Bulletin;Apr-Jun97, Vol. 23 Issue 2, p44
Offers advice on netting the AN/TRQ-32A(V)2 communication intercept and direction-finding system with an AN/PRD 12 system used in the military. Description of the two communication systems; Chart indicating the steps for establishing the direction-finding network.
- Seamless communications: The challenge of tactical command and control. Rhea, John // Military & Aerospace Electronics;Jan97, Vol. 8 Issue 1, p13
Focuses on the US Department of Defense's (DoD) reliance on commercial telecommunications technology for the military's tactical operations. Communications equipment interoperability; Framing protocol for Asynchronous Transfer Mode links. INSETS: BBN demonstrates wearable LAN, by...
- Like reading alphabet soup. // PS: Preventive Maintenance Monthly;May95, Issue 510, p46
Provides tips for the understanding of the symbols of military communication systems.
- Satellite terminals upgrade. Stein, Frank // Army Communicator;Fall95, Vol. 20 Issue 3, p18
Reports on the modernization program to upgrade the Defense Satellite Communications System AN/FSC-78/79 heavy earth terminals and the AN/GSC-39 medium earth terminals. Installation and testing of the terminals in some military bases; Completion of instructor and key personnel training in some...
- Spirit II. Colwell, Vince // Army Communicator;Fall95, Vol. 20 Issue 3, p18
Features the United States Armed Forces' Trojan special-purpose integrated remote intelligence terminal (SPIRIT) II program. Use of the SPIRIT II to provide the military high-capacity imagery data communications capability; Testing of the second round of SPIRIT II terminals during summer 1995;...
- U.S. Coast Guard communications. Saxon, Marc // Popular Electronics;Jul96, Vol. 13 Issue 7, p72
Discusses developments related to the US Armed Forces communication system as of May 1996. Includes features of Uniden's BC9000XLT radio useful for the military; Description of the US Coast Guard communications; Copying of military transmissions.
- The Most Immoral Man. Persons, Benjamin S. // Journal of the West;Winter2002, Vol. 41 Issue 1, p68
Focuses on the use of the heliograph device for communications in the western United States. Design of the heliograph; Use of the device in military communications; Method of operation of the device.
- Defense disconnect: How interop is challenging top brass. Lynch, Grahame // America's Network;09/15/2000, Vol. 104 Issue 14, p38
Deals with the problem with a lack of interoperability between the armed services and with major military allies in the United States (U.S.). Negative impact of the increased reliance on advanced communications systems; Concerns over the push to deploy advanced communication systems to the U.S....