N.Y. Senate Bans Driving And Talking
- CIPD advises employers to give guidance to the use of mobiles. // People Management;8/29/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 17, p8
Reports on the plan of the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development to recommend that employers give clear guidelines to staff on the use of mobile telephones following British government proposals that companies should be liable for employees' use of hand-held mobile telephones while...
- Dialing & Driving Don't Mix. Breslau, Karen; Naughton, Keith; Millner, Caille // Newsweek;7/9/2001, Vol. 138 Issue 2, p46
Reports that New York's state Assembly passed the United States first statewide law banning the use of handheld mobile telephone's while driving. How wireless communication technology being installed in automobiles may provide another distraction to drivers; Argument that hands-free technology...
- Hit the Road--Hands Free. // Food Logistics;Jul/Aug2004, Issue 70, p17
Focuses on a regulation banning the use of handheld cellular telephone while driving in the U.S. Implication of the regulation for the trucking industry; Responsibility of fleet managers under the regulation; Number of tickets issued by police to motorists in New York; Fines for violators;...
- All's not well over there, either. // AutoWeek;12/4/95, Vol. 45 Issue 49, p30
Reports that the German environmental ministry has banned the driving of cars without catalytic converters on public roads. Phasing of the ban in over five years.
- `Hello. This is your car. I'm taking control now. Thank you'. Thompson, Steve // AutoWeek;12/23/96, Vol. 46 Issue 52, p9
Focuses on the United States government's efforts to promote automated driving. Elimination of human error in driving; Intelligent Transportation Systems' lobbying in Washington D.C.
- Beauty spot ban. // Geographical (Campion Interactive Publishing);Oct94, Vol. 66 Issue 10, p8
Reports that cars will be banned from beauty spots in Great Britain, unless effective methods to control traffic can be found.
- Cars in the Slow Lane. // New York Times Upfront;11/14/2011, Vol. 144 Issue 5/6, p4
The article discusses the policies being rolled-out across Europe that discourage driving and promote the use of bicycles.
- Untitled. Hope, Graham // Auto Express;12/12/2012, Issue 1247, p19
The article emphasizes that a policy in Great Britain which permits prisoners to serve their driving bans while in jail is unfair for law-abiding drivers.
- Put a Bobby in Your Tank. // Earth Island Journal;Summer2000, Vol. 15 Issue 2, p3
Focuses on the program of the British government to fit cars with satellite-linked anti-speeder computers. How the system will work; Agency which will track the vehicles.