Medium Is The Message
- Multimedia messaging--It could get worse before it gets better. Knight, Fred // Business Communications Review;Aug94, Vol. 24 Issue 8, p54
Focuses on multimedia messaging systems. Applications; Message types; Integration of voice and fax; Technological developments; Filtering and interoperability issues; Feedback from industry executives.
- AT&T introduces multimedia messaging. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);1/24/94, Vol. 41 Issue 4, p33
Announces the introduction of Intuity System, a multimedia messaging system from American Telephone & Telegraph Company. Ability of people to `hear' a fax and `see' a voice message; Ability of the system to receive and send voice, text and visual messages; Conversion of messages from one form to...
- The Next Generation Arrives. Mendez-Wilson, Deborah // Wireless Week;10/1/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 40, p30
Focuses on the efforts of the wireless communications industry to develop multimedia messages (MMS) for consumers in the United States. Prevalence of the use of MMS in Europe; Companies which are launching General Packet Radio Service (GPRS) MMS solutions; Information on the Compaq-CMG...
- 02 pilots service enabling brand to receive MMS. Pearse, Justin // New Media Age;2/12/2004, p1
Reports on a commercial trial launched by O2 that will enable broadcasters and brand owners to launch services allowing consumers to send in photographs and animations directly via multimedia message service (MMS). Benefits of the trial for broadcasters and consumers; Significance of the launch...
- Implementation and performance evaluation for a ubiquitous and unified multimedia messaging platform. Phone Lin; Shan-Hung Wu; Chung-Min Chen; Ching-Feng Liang // Wireless Networks (10220038);Feb2009, Vol. 15 Issue 2, p163
As networking technology advances, more advanced message services are provided. Users may have one or more different message accounts and devices. Before sending messages, the sender must make sure which message service the receipt currently uses. Any misjudgement may delay the time when the...
- Enmeshed by ever more messages. Andreae, Christopher // Christian Science Monitor;11/3/97, Vol. 89 Issue 237, p12
Discusses the complexity created by the practice of messaging, or leaving messages in any of several formats including e-mail and voice mail. The difficulty in keeping up with one's messages; Questions about why people are so preoccupied with messages; The message capability of the Internet.
- Turning the tables on phoning home. // Engineer (00137758);6/14/2002, Vol. 291 Issue 7605, p5
Reports on the Intelligent Table that plays telephone messages created by integrated industrial design student Dominic Smith of Brunel University. Details on how the messages are received; Material used for the table.
- Have You Got the Message? // Scholastic Action;3/28/2003, Vol. 26 Issue 12, p21
Focuses on developing skills on how to take a phone message.
- Intelligent communications: The complete solution. Cochetti, Roger J. // Telephony;5/9/94, Vol. 226 Issue 19, p22
Features solutions to the information and communications requirements of companies and professionals. Absence of a simplified method for accessing and receiving electronic information; Developments in packet-switched radio networks, cellular phone networks and modems; Projection on the...