- Diageo Brand Expands In Brazil. // Hospitality Ireland;Jun2012, Issue 77, p51
The article reports that Diageo has acquired the Brazilian drink, Cachaca, in a deal valued at 375 million euros.
- Diageo shakes up deal for mixers. Soule, Alexander // Fairfield County Business Journal;6/29/2009, Vol. 48 Issue 26, p6
The article reports that Diageo PLC has made an agreement to acquire Stirrings LLC, a company that sells bottled mixers for cocktail drinks. The companies did not reveal the financial terms of agreement. Stirring, based in Fall River, Massachusetts, has won seven awards at an annual spirits...
- Diageo Pays $2.1 Billion for Turkey's Mey IÃ§ki. // Journal of Turkish Weekly;2/21/2011, p21
The article presents information about the expansion of Diageo, alcoholic beverage maker in Turkey. Diageo's announcement that it will purchase Turkish company Mey IÃ§ki, a maker of raki and vodka liquors, for $2.1 billion is discussed. Diageo's plan to expand into emerging markets is also...
- Pernod Power. Coster, Helen // Forbes Global;7/25/2005, Vol. 8 Issue 13, p16
Reports on the business condition of European liquor company Pernod Ricard as of February 9, 2004. Acquisition of Allied Domecq by Pernod; Reason behind its decision to sell its Bushmills Irish Whiskey brand to arch rival Diageo; Percentage of the increase of shares of the company.
- Diageo's Johnnie Walker proves its market power. Whitwell, Stuart // Grocer;6/20/2015, p22
The article offers a look at the market performance of Johnny Walker, a brand of Scotch whisky owned by Diageo, a British multinational alcoholic beverages company. Topics covered include the impact of the rumored acquisition of Diageo on the conglomerate's drinks brand, the results of the 10th...
- Raise a Glass. Landi, Heather // Beverage World;10/15/2009, Vol. 128 Issue 10, p16
The article reports on the global celebration of the 250th anniversary of the Irish beer brand Guinness on September 24, 2009. A 9,000-year lease on the Saint James Gate Brewery in Dublin, Ireland was signed by founder Arthur Guinness on that day. Diageo has owned the brewer since 1997 following...
- Diageo stock rises on SABMiller speculation. // Modern Brewery Age;6/30/2014, Vol. 65 Issue 17, p1
The article reports on rise in stock prices of alcoholic beverages firm Diageo due to the possibility of its merger with the beer company SABMiller, and as per analysts of the banking firm Barclays, the merger would create a business of 1.7 billion U.S. dollars with significant cost savings.
- Diageo buys 2.4 percent more of United Spirits for $138M. // FRPT- Finance Snapshot;2/9/2014, p14
The article reports that spirits maker Diageo PLC has purchased 2.4 percent of foreign portfolio investment from OppenheimerFunds Inc. amounting to $138 million on February 7, 2014.
- Pernod/Diageo: drinking with the devil. // MarketWatch: Drinks;July 2005, Vol. 4 Issue 7, p11
The article reports that drinks giant Diageo PLC has agreed to buy Pernod Ricard USA's Bushmills Irish whiskey brand if Pernod's bid for Allied Domecq PLC is successful. Diageo also has an option to buy the majority of Allied's Montana wine business from Pernod once the takeover is complete and...