Not Just a Place To Hide Money
- montrï¿½al international. Aylen, John // Economic Development Journal;Winter2003, Vol. 2 Issue 1, p16
Reports on the nonprofit Montreal International's initiatives to attract foreign investments into Montreal, Quebec. Goals and objectives of the organization; Worth of foreign investments brought by Montreal International to the city for 2000-2002; Components of the organization's action plan.
- China selling `red chip' stocks. // Chinatown News;2/3/94, Vol. 41 Issue 10, p41
Reports that China is embarking on its most ambitious effort yet to entice Western investors into placing bets on state-run industries that are joining the free market. Chinese government's hopes of selling shares in 20 large-scale enterprises on foreign stock markets.
- Kenya, UAE sign trade promotion pact. // African Business News;11/25/2014, p3
No abstract available.
- Puerto Rico reshapes its trade and promotional strategy. Marino, John // Caribbean Business;6/10/2010, Vol. 38 Issue 22, p28
The article reports on the temporary closure of offices in Costa Rica and Chile of Puerto Rico's Economic Development & Commerce Department at the end of June 2010 as it refocuses its trade and promotional strategy. It indicates that the strategy will be boosting island exports and will be...
- Foreign Investment Climate. // Burma (Myanmar) Country Review;2011, p108
The article focuses on the foreign investment climates of Burma. It mentions information on the history of Burma's economy such as the took over of military junta during the 1990's which liberalizes the economy after failure on socialism. It presents different aspects of foreign investments...
- Govt plans to set up textile SPV to help rupee-hit sector. // Colourage;Mar2008, Vol. 55 Issue 3, p127
The article reports on the plan of the government of India to form a special purpose vehicle (SPV) to boost its textile industry that was hit by the appreciation of rupee against dollar. According to the article, the proposed SPV will be participated by all 11 export promotion councils (EPCs)...
- One nation, one promotion. Skotnicki, Tom // BRW;8/23/2001, Vol. 23 Issue 33, p20
Discusses a report that recommends a single agency to promote trade and investment in Australia. Proposal for urgent action by the Australian Industry Group; Recommendations for an expanded role of Invest Australia; Objective for cohesive trade and investment promotional activities.
- Taxation of foreign profits: consultation. Lagerberg, Francesca // Accountancy;Aug2007, Vol. 140 Issue 1368, p98
The article discusses a British consultative document on the taxation of foreign profits. Changes to the controlled company and controlled foreign company regimes are to be implemented sometime after April of 2009. Some of these changes are expected to increase Great Britain's attractiveness as...
- P.R. Insurance Industry Remains Strong Despite Island's Problems. Rosa, Taina // Caribbean Business;8/4/2005, Vol. 33 Issue 30, p29
Reports on the challenges in the effort to promote Puerto Rico as an offshore insurance center. Impact of rising crude-oil prices, hikes in utility costs and labor disputes on the plan of investors to put up insurance businesses in the country; Belief of international reinsurance industry about...