- Fraud Resources. // Illinois Banker;2013 IBA Member Issue, Vol. 98 Issue 3, p22
The article presents several information resources regarding bank fraud. It mentions the No Hats, No Hoods, No Sunglasses Program which promote employees and customer safety against bank robberies in Illinois. Moreover, it notes the Identification (ID) Theft Awareness toolkit and the Financial...
- Addressing branch security threats. McEnaney, Maura // America's Community Banker;Jul98, Vol. 7 Issue 7, p22
Presents information on the threat of bank robbery to banking institutions in the United States. Reference to a bank robbery in Kosse, Texas, May 14th, 1998; Comments from Bert Chesterton, Jr., assistant vice president/security officer at Cambridge Savings Bank, Cambridge, Massachusetts;...
- Frisky frisco. // Canadian Banker;Jan/Feb93, Vol. 100 Issue 1, p16
Reports that cameras have helped solve 1,700 bank robberies between 1978-93, according to Canadian Bankers Association vice president for security, Michael Ballard.
- To The Point. Norville, Bunny // Munday Courier (TX);2/17/2011, Vol. 34 Issue 8, p5
The article offers the author's insights regarding the sign at a bank in Chappell Hill, Texas which warns potential robbers and shows support to the Americans' right to carry licensed and concealed weapons.
- â€¦Meanwhile, National Stats Trend Lower. Thompson, Laura K. // American Banker;5/7/2003, Vol. 168 Issue 87, p1
Reports on the decrease in bank robberies in the U.S. Measures taken by various banks to prevent robberies; Release of a robbery-prevention kit for banks.
- Finger-Pointing, Few Answers Amid N.Y.C. Robbery Spike ... Bergquist, Erick // American Banker;5/7/2003, Vol. 168 Issue 87, p1
Reports on the cases of bank robberies in New York. Blames of police authorities regarding the security measures of banks; Efforts of banks to prevent bank robberies.
- Report and Fund to Nab Robbers. Jackson, Ben // American Banker;7/1/2002, Vol. 167 Issue 125, p5
Reports on methods recommended by the Massachusetts Bankers Association to prevent bank robberies and aid in the apprehension of robbers. Agencies that contributed in drafting recommendations; Suggestions for bankers to post signs for people entering banks; Statistics on bank robberies in the...
- Outsmarted. Wolfe, Daniel // American Banker;9/22/2010, Vol. 175 Issue 146, p4
The article discusses how a bank manager in California prevented a bank robbery by convincing the robber to instead fill out an application for a loan, with the manager then calling police.
- Delaware Adopts 'No Hats, No Hoods, No Sunglasses' // Credit Union Journal;9/1/2003, Vol. 7 Issue 35, p8
Reports that Delaware's credit unions have become the latest to implement a 'no hats, no hoods, no sunglasses' policy in an effort to prevent robberies.