China Slump Redux?
- Commercial, residential construction slowly picking up and turning green. Mariani, Dominic // Fairfield County Business Journal;12/24/2001, Vol. 40 Issue 52, p15
Reports on the recovery shown by the commercial and residential construction market in Fairfield County, Connecticut. Arrival of large contracting projects in the area; Renovations of empty buildings; Launch of commercial services.
- Economy goes into reverse, taking construction recovery with it. // Builders Merchants Journal;Feb2011, p5
The article discusses the gross domestic product (GDP) report from the Office of National Statistics which indicates that the economic recovery for the construction industry has stalled.
- Building boomlet. FEINGOLD, JEFF // New Hampshire Business Review;2/22/2013, Vol. 35 Issue 4, p6
The article reports that the total value of future construction contracts in New Hampshire increased by 47% in December 2012, however the sector has still not recovered completely from recession.
- CONSTRUCTION ECONOMICS. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;04/26/99, Vol. 242 Issue 16, p69
Features charts and graphs with information about the economic indicators for the United States construction industry as of April 26, 1999. Total public construction in February 1999; Construction and building cost indexes; January 1999 increase in steel imports; Producer price indexes for...
- Steel Bar Manufacturing. Kuo Ming-chou // TIER Industry Report - Steel Bar Manufacturing;2/10/2014, p1
â€¢ Output and Sales: The industry's output and sales fell in 2013 from a year earlier due to weak demand from the downstream industries and public and private construction and a reduction in the prices of steel scraps and products. â€¢ Products: The prices of the industry products...
- Poised for Takeoff or a Stall? Construction in 2004 in the United States and Washington. Simonson, Ken // Construction Bulletin;1/2/2004, Vol. 285 Issue 1, pN14
Focuses on the recovery of the economy for the construction industry in the U.S. and Washington in 2004. Comparison of the earnings in construction for Washington and U.S.; Increase in the state's construction employment; Cost item for construction.
- COMMENT. Sleight, Chris // International Construction;Jul/Aug2015, Vol. 54 Issue 6, p3
The author discusses the economic recovery of the biggest construction companies around the world since the recession in 2009.
- Autumn rebound. // Construction Europe;Oct2015, p13
The article reports on the results of a barometer survey conducted by the journal "Construction Europe" (CE) in September 2015 regarding the European construction sector's recovery in the activity levels and sentiment after the slowdown during summer.
- That Boom in Business. // New Republic;8/2/39, Vol. 99 Issue 1287, p349
Presents information on the possibility of a economic recovery in the U.S. Expectation of a quick economic recovery on account of a lift in stock prices; Impact of the statement made by U.S. President, Franklin D. Roosevelt, regarding the issue of neutrality; Acceptance of the Dow Theory among...