Current practice of radioiodine treatment in the management of differentiated thyroid cancer in Germany
- Post-therapy whole-body scan with abnormal radioactive iodine localized to the head of two women. Lee, Stephanie L. // Endocrine Today;Jan2011, Vol. 9 Issue 1, p19
This article discusses the case of a young woman who received radioactive iodine remnant ablation for multifocal micropapillary thyroid carcinoma.
- Effect of a Low Iodine Diet vs. Restricted Iodine Diet on Postsurgical Preparation for Radioiodine Ablation Therapy in Thyroid Carcinoma Patients. Chi Young Lim; Jung-Yeon Kim; Mi-Jin Yoon; Hang Seok Chang; Cheong Soo Park; Woong Youn Chung // Yonsei Medical Journal;Jul2015, Vol. 56 Issue 4, p1021
Purpose: The radioiodine ablation therapy is required for patients who underwent a total thyroidectomy. Through a comparative review of a low iodine diet (LID) and a restricted iodine diet (RID), the study aims to suggest guidelines that are suitable for the conditions of Korea. Materials and...
- Identification of Intermediate- to High-Risk Papillary Thyroid Carcinoma Patients Who May Be Safely Managed without the Performance of Delayed Stimulated Thyroglobulin Measurements following Total Thyroidectomy and Radioactive Iodine Therapy. Kim, Kyung-Hee; Kim, Min-Hee; Lim, Ye-Jee; Lee, Ihn Suk; Bae, Ja-Seong; Lim, Dong-Jun; Baek, Ki Hyun; Lee, Jong Min; Kang, Moo-Il; Cha, Bong-Yun // International Journal of Endocrinology;1/12/2015, Vol. 2015, p1
Background. The measurement of stimulated thyroglobulin (sTg) after total thyroidectomy and remnant radioactive iodine (RAI) ablation is the gold standard for monitoring disease status in patients with papillary thyroid carcinomas (PTCs). The aim of this study was to determine whether sTg...
- Correction: Changes in the Pulmonary Function Test after Radioactive Iodine Treatment in Patients with Pulmonary Metastases of Differentiated Thyroid Cancer. null, null // PLoS ONE;Jun2015, Vol. 10 Issue 6, p1
No abstract available.
- Severe Hyponatremia Following Radioactive Iodine Therapy in Patients with Differentiated Thyroid Cancer. Kim, Seung Kyu; Yun, Gi Young; Kim, Ki Hyun; Park, Seung Kyo; Choi, Hoon Young; Ha, Sung Kyu; Park, Hyeong Cheon // Thyroid;Apr2014, Vol. 24 Issue 4, p773
Background: Symptomatic hyponatremia in association with radioactive iodine (RAI) therapy for differentiated thyroid cancer has rarely been reported. Due to the increasing incidence of thyroid cancer worldwide, more patients are now receiving postoperative RAI therapy. We report two cases of...
- Effects of Low-Dose and High-Dose Postoperative Radioiodine Therapy on the Clinical Outcome in Patients with Small Differentiated Thyroid Cancer Having Microscopic Extrathyroidal Extension. Han, Ji Min; Kim, Won Gu; Kim, Tae Yong; Jeon, Min Ji; Ryu, Jin-Sook; Song, Dong Eun; Hong, Suck Joon; Shong, Young Kee; Kim, Won Bae // Thyroid;May2014, Vol. 24 Issue 5, p820
Background: It is unclear whether differentiated thyroid cancer (DTC) patients classified as intermediate risk based on the presence of microscopic extrathyroidal extension (ETE) should be treated with low or high doses of radioiodine (RAI) after surgery. We evaluated success rates and long-term...
- Effectiveness of L-thyroxine treatment on TSH suppression during pregnancy in patients with a history of thyroid carcinoma after total thyroidectomy and radioiodine ablation. Krhin, Blaz; Besic, Nikola // Radiology & Oncology;2012, Vol. 46 Issue 2, p160
Introduction. There are scarce data about the optimal increase of L-thyroxine dose during pregnancy in patients with a history of thyroid carcinoma. The first aim of the study was to find out if routine therapeutic measures enable adequate TSH suppression in pregnancy. The other aim was to find...
- 18-Fluorodeoxyglucose Positron Emission Tomography in the Early Diagnostic Workup of Differentiated Thyroid Cancer Patients with a Negative Post-Therapeutic Iodine Scan and Detectable Thyroglobulin. van Dijk, Deborah; Plukker, John T.M.; Phan, Ha T.T.; Muller Kobold, Anneke C.; van der Horst-Schrivers, Anouk N.A.; Jansen, Liesbeth; Sluiter, Wim J.; Brouwers, Adrienne H.; Links, Thera P. // Thyroid;Aug2013, Vol. 23 Issue 8, p1003
Background: Surgery and high-dose radioactive iodine (131I) treatment are the cornerstones in the treatment of differentiated thyroid cancer. Patients without 131I uptake on the post-therapeutic whole body scan (WBS), but with detectable thyroglobulin (Tg) during thyroxine withdrawal (Tg-off),...
- Natural history and clinical outcome of differentiated thyroid carcinoma: a retrospective analysis of 1503 patients treated at a single institution. Sciuto, R.; Romano, L.; Rea, S.; Marandino, F.; Sperduti, I.; Maini, C. L. // Annals of Oncology;Oct2009, Vol. 20 Issue 10, p1728
Background: The study evaluates clinical presentation and outcome of differentiated thyroid cancer (DTC) on a large series of patients homogeneously managed.