ComStar Buys FamilyNet
- Nets Plan 'R2G' Movie Nights. Gibbons, Kent // Multichannel News;10/25/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 40, p26
The article reports on the move of ComStar Media Fund LP's AmericanLife TV Network and FamilyNet Television to negotiate rights to G-rated versions of R-rated movies and to launch "R2G Movie Nights" on the said channels.
- AmericanLife TV Is Sold. Gibbons, Kent // Multichannel News;6/2/2009, Vol. 30 Issue 22, p19
The article reports on the acquisition of the AmericanLife TV Network (ALN) by the ComStar Media Fund LP of Reverend Robert A. Schuller, co-host of "The Hour of Power", and Chris Wyatt, founder of Godtube.com in the U.S. It states that the acquisition serves as the destination of new shows on...
- PROGRAMMING BRIEFS. // Multichannel News;12/6/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 49, p34
Presents news briefs on television broadcasting in the U.S., as of December 6, 2004. Agreement reached by Rainbow DBS to add cable services to the Voom programming lineup; Production of the documentary program "Tammy Faye: Death Defying," by WE: Women's Entertainment; Inclusion of FamilyNet...
- Fresh Start. Gough, Paul J. // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;9/12/2006, Vol. 396 Issue 2, p23
The article reports on the renaming of American television network Pax Network to Ion Media Networks. Pax Network did not fare very well after it was introduced in 2005. Brandon Burgess, former National Broadcasting Co. (NBC) Universal executive is the chief executive officer of the network....
- Maintaining the Status Quo. Greppi, Michele // Television Week;3/10/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 10, p1
Interviews CBS TV network president and CEO Leslie Moonves on his views on the fin-syn rules on television programming in the U.S. Reasons for his decision to discuss the issue in Washington; His complaints against people who purchase programming; Impact of rules on the revenue of TV networks.
- Tree Grows for WB. Consoli, John // MediaWeek;2/9/2004, Vol. 14 Issue 6, p6
Presents information on the rating of the television program "One Tree Hill" in the U.S. as of February 2004. Percentage of the household ratings of the television programs; Reasons of Jordan Levin, chief executive for entertainment at Warner Brothers, for airing the television program; Casts...
- Barrett sees beyond hard times. Mermigas, Diane // Electronic Media;7/16/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 29, p1
Interviews David Barrett, president and chief executive officer of United States-based Hearst-Argyle Television Inc. Discussion on consolidation in the industry; Budgeting by broadcasters; Programming expenses; Viability of network affiliates. INSET: Hearst-Argyle's survival guide.
- Finance Execs Offered Aid With Reporting Issues. Scanlon, Mavis // Cable World (10427228);9/8/2003, Vol. 15 Issue 33, p6
Reports on the efforts of Mary Collins, president and CEO of the U.S. Broadcast Cable Financial Management Association (BCFM), to assist cable company finance departments meet the requirements of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002. Plans for cable membership in BCFM; Objective of the financial...
- Fox Renews UPN Affiliation. McClellan, Steve // Broadcasting & Cable;9/29/2003, Vol. 133 Issue 39, p9
Reports on the renewal or extension of the deal between Fox and United Paramount Network's (UPN) affiliate TV stations in September 2003. Benefits of the deal for both Fox and UPN; Range of U.S. TV stations included in the deal; Comments from Mitch Stern, Fox TV Stations chairman and chief...