FCC Seeks Comments on NCTA's Universal Service Pitch
- Running Interference. Eggerton, John // Multichannel News;3/23/2009, Vol. 30 Issue 12, p2
The article reports on the petition of the cable industry to amend the U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC) rules on cable operators and customers' protection from interference. It states that FCC failed to provide balance between mobile unlicensed devices and digital signals of...
- Spectrum Reclamation Shouldn't 'Harm' Cable, Trade Group Tells FCC. Eggerton, John // Multichannel News;5/2/2011, Vol. 32 Issue 18, p18
The article reports on the National Cable & Telecommunications Association (NCTA), which agrees on the spectrum reclamation policy imposed by the Federal Communications Commission (FCC).
- E-Rate Filing Window For Funding Year 2003 Opens. // Electronic Education Report;10/25/2002, Vol. 9 Issue 20, p6
Reports on the E-Rate funding of the U.S. Federal Communications Commission in the U.S. Funding for the telecommunication and Internet services; Total discounts disbursed by the School and Libraries Division; Service categories funded by the program.
- FCC Okays Full Funding for The E-Rate Discount. // School Library Journal;Jul99, Vol. 45 Issue 7, p14
Reports that electronic rate (E-rate) funding for 1999 will increase in the United States. Role of the Federal Communications Commission in the increase; Amount of funding approved; How the funding for e-rate discounts are allocated; Claims of e-rate supporters.
- FCC order could impact telecom funding to P.R. MARINO, JOHN // Caribbean Business;4/15/2010, Vol. 38 Issue 14, p30
The article reports on the plan of the U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC) to release an order aimed at providing more federal funding for telecommunications infrastructure in Puerto Rico.
- NCTA: Scrap Cable-Act Regs. Eggerton, John // Multichannel News;5/25/2009, Vol. 30 Issue 21, p24
The article reports on the assertions of the National Cable & Telecommunications Association (NCTA) concerning the regulations imposed by the 1992 Cable Act in the U.S. The association called on the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) to scrap unnecessary regulations which include rates,...
- NCTA, Wi-Fi Alliance push for 5.9 GHz sharing. Alleven, Monica // FierceWirelessTech;7/11/2016, p4
The article reports on the campaign of the National Cable and Telecommunications Association (NCTA) and the Wi-Fi Alliance for 5.9 gigahertz (GHz) sharing in the U.S. It mentions the campaign for the update of the rules of the Federal Communications Commission (FCC), the consideration of the...
- IN BRIEF. // Broadcasting & Cable;06/04/2001, Vol. 131 Issue 24, p47
Reports developments related to telecommunication regulation in the United States as of June 2001. Refusal of the request of RCN by the US Federal Communications Commission; Provision of federal loans for cable companies; Delay in the reconsideration of a pole-attachment formula for cable...
- FCC to overhaul universal-service program. Weaver, Heather Forsgren // RCR Wireless News;5/14/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 20, p9
Reports that the United States Federal Communications Commission (FCC) is improving its universal-service program by proposing rules to determine how much telecommunications carriers pay into the universal-service fund. Changes on the way carriers are assessed on the amount they pay into the...