Cable's USF Plan: Cut Telco Payments
- FCC set to unveil rules for rural broadband fund. Svensson, Peter // Chicago Citizen - South Suburban Edition;11/2/2011, Vol. 30 Issue 52, p4
The article reports that the U.S. Federal Communications Commission regulators are scheduled to unveil their plan for an overhaul of the 8 billion dollars fund that subsidizes phone service in rural areas and for the poor.
- Broadband plan's price tag is put at $20 million. Hart, Kim // Hill;3/26/2010, Vol. 17 Issue 34, p7
The article reports on the 20 million dollar price tag of the National Broadband Plan proposed by the U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC).
- FCC to Draft Broadband's Grand Plan. Eggerton, John // Multichannel News;2/16/2009, Vol. 30 Issue 7, p21
The article reports on the participation of the U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC) and the National Telecommunications & Information Administration (NATIA) in broadband plan. It says that FCC will be responsible in making the broadband accessible to everyone in the U.S. while NATIA...
- CenturyLink to accept $54 million in Connect America Funds. // Fiber Optics Weekly Update;08/23/2013, Vol. 33 Issue 34, p3
The article reports that CenturyLink, Inc. will accept 54 million U.S. dollars in Connect America Funds (CAF) by the Federal Communications Commission (FCC). The goal is to provide broadband connection to over 92,000 rural homes and businesses in high-cost regions. U.S. Congress asked the FCC to...
- Nelson asks FCC to save funding for rural hospitals. Jerome, Sara // Hill;9/28/2010, Vol. 17 Issue 105, p18
The article reports on the urge of Senator Ben Nelson for the Federal Communications Commission to search funding for broadband deployment support due to an agency rule alteration in the U.S. in 2010.
- FCC Takes Next Step Toward USF Migration. // Multichannel News;2/6/2012, Vol. 33 Issue 6, p16
The article offers information on the reform approved by the U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC), which will revive Lifeline/Linkup program that will be used against the high-cost fund of the Universal Service Fund (USF) on broadband communication services.
- What Changes Are You Expecting From the New FCC? Hamaker, Christian // Rural Telecom;Jan/Feb2010, Vol. 29 Issue 1, p12
No abstract available.
- TIA Maps Out Market Competition Plan. // Microwaves & RF;Oct2009, Vol. 48 Issue 10, p48
The article reports that the Telecommunications Industry Association (TIA) has encouraged the U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC) to add the amount of available commercial spectrum. In return, TIA will support research and development that will raise innovative wireless technologies....
- Over $32 million authorized to expand broadband access in rural Puerto Rico, Hawaii and Alaska from Connect America Fund. // Broadband Monthly Newsletter;Dec2013, Vol. 12 Issue 12, p7
The article reports on the $32 million funds to finance the expansion of broadband access for the unserved homes and businesses in Puerto Rico, Hawaii and Alaska by the Federal Communications Commission's Connect America Fund. It highlights the importance of broadband in the rural areas to...