Versus Takes 9 Million-Subscriber Hit
- Puttin' on the Hits. Higgins, John M. // Broadcasting & Cable;11/14/2005, Vol. 135 Issue 46, p8
Focuses on the decision of cable television operators to include top-rating programs in their video-on-demand (VOD) services in the U.S. Factors that affect the interest of cable operators to include hit shows in their VOD offerings; Background on the deals entered into by Comcast and DirectTV;...
- DirecTV platinum subscribers to get more channels by year's end. Guadalupe-Fajardo, Evelyn // Caribbean Business;10/12/2000, Vol. 28 Issue 40, p34
Reports that subscribers of DirecTV Inc.'s platinum cable television package in Puerto Rico will get a free HBO channel for free. Total number of cable television subscribers aimed to be achieved by DirecTV by year-end 2000; Features of the additional HBO channel; Current number of homes and...
- DirecTV Bows First 3D Network. Gruenwedel, Erik // Home Media Magazine;7/5/2010, Vol. 32 Issue 27, p12
The article reports on satellite operator DirecTV's launch of the three-dimensional television channel N3D in the U.S. on July 1, 2010, which was sponsored by Panasonic Corp. of North America.
- Interactive Taking Off in Comcast's Pilot Test. Whitney, Daisy // Television Week;10/3/2005, Vol. 24 Issue 40, p1
Reports on the decision of Comcast to begin its pilot launch of interactive television (ITV) programming services from several cable networks in Baltimore, Maryland in 2005. Information on cable networks that have signed for the pilot test of Comcast; Advantages of ITV; Other plans of the...
- Comcast gets into PPV-event. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;02/21/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 8, p24
Provides updates related to pay-per-view (PPV) programming. Plans of Comcast Corp. Original Programming division to produce PPV concerts and events; Goal of Comcast Corp. to generate revenue and promote In Demand brand; Agreement of TVKO with cable and direct-broadcast satellite distributors...
- Comcast Pitches Houston RSN. Reynolds, Mike // Multichannel News;5/31/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 22, p26
The article reports on the plan of Comcast Corp. to build another regional sports network around the backyards of Major League Baseball and National Basketball Associations teams, the Houston Astros and Houston Rockets, which is marked as the first since 2007.
- Comcast Still Vetting Potential Newcomers For Diversity Slots. // Multichannel News;10/17/2011, Vol. 32 Issue 39, p5
The article reports that Comcast Corp. has not yet announced proclamations regarding its choice to launch two African American owned-and-operated networks, and one Hispanic-themed, English-language service after the Diversity Week on October 10-14, 2011.
- Comcast: 100 Bids for New Network Launches. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;6/13/2011, Vol. 32 Issue 24, p3
The article reports on the 100 prospective Hispanic and African-American television (TV) networks which are nominees for the three minority-owned, multi-cultural themed networks to be launched by Comcast Corp. in the U.S. in 2012 and 2013.
- COMCAST BEGINS EFFORT TO LAUNCH TEN NEW INDEPENDENT NETWORKS. // Tennessee Tribune;4/7/2011, Vol. 22 Issue 14, p13A
The article reports on the plan of Comcast Corp. to launch ten independent television networks.