McCain, Coburn Skewer NTIA Broadband Map
- McCain, Coburn stall Senate spending bill. Wasson, Erik; Cox, Ramsey // Hill;3/13/2013, Vol. 20 Issue 29, p3
The article reports that U.S. Senators John McCain and Tom Coburn blocked the Senate from proceeding to debate on the $984 billion bill because they were not given enough time to read the 500-page legislation.
- TECHNOLOGY. // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;10/4/2010, Vol. 40 Issue 13, p13
The article announces that the Utah broadband Mapping, Analysis, and Planning Project is receiving a supplemental grant award of 3.1 million U.S. dollars from the U.S. Department of Commerce's National Telecommunications and Information Administration.
- NTIA to gather tower-siting best practices. // RCR Wireless News;4/1/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 13, p11
Reports on the efforts of the U.S. National Telecommunications and Information Administration to disseminate information on tower siting and other rights-of-way issues to spur broadband deployment. Advantage of the effort.
- NTIA asks for comments on broadband deployment. // RCR Wireless News;11/19/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 47, p7
Reports on the request of the National Telecommunications and Information Administration for comments on several broadband deployment issues. Submission of the request.
- Federal government OKs expansion of ARRA-funded broadband project. // Caribbean Business;3/14/2013, Vol. 41 Issue 9, p6
The article reports on the U.S. National Telecommunications and Information Administration (NTIA)'s approval of Puerto Rico Bridge Initiative (PRBI) project's expansion, which was announced by Critical Hub Networks to include a fiber optic middle-mile segment through the Tren Urbano rail system.
- NTIA to Study Broadband. Hearn, Ted // Multichannel News;11/26/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 48, p16
Reports the study of the United States National Telecommunications and Information Administration on the state of broadband deployment. Need for overhaul deployment policies; Impact on the changes in the telecommunication pricing rules.
- Why No Video In Broadband Study? It's Personal. Eggerton, John // Multichannel News;10/20/2014, Vol. 35 Issue 39, p34
The article discusses a study released by the National Telecommunications & Information Administration on broadband adoption, non-adoption and the use of mobile broadband.
- Millions in stimulus cash awarded for broadband. // Buffalo Law Journal;9/30/2010, Vol. 82 Issue 78, p4A
The article reports on the 190 million U.S. dollars award economic stimulus funds given by the National Telecommunication and Information Administration in the U.S. for the use of broadband technology.
- Republicans Stall CR Debate In Senate. Rutherford, Emelie // Defense Daily;3/12/2013, Vol. 257 Issue 48, p8
The article reports that U.S. Republican Senators have stalled work on the new government-funding bill, which also has appropriations bills attached for several agencies, including the Pentagon, Department of Homeland Security, and NASA. The continuing resolution (CR) has been stalled as...