McCain, Coburn Skewer NTIA Broadband Map
- McCain, Coburn stall Senate spending bill. Wasson, Erik; Cox, Ramsey // Hill;3/13/2013, Vol. 20 Issue 29, p3
The article reports that U.S. Senators John McCain and Tom Coburn blocked the Senate from proceeding to debate on the $984 billion bill because they were not given enough time to read the 500-page legislation.
- Republicans Stall CR Debate In Senate. Rutherford, Emelie // Defense Daily;3/12/2013, Vol. 257 Issue 48, p8
The article reports that U.S. Republican Senators have stalled work on the new government-funding bill, which also has appropriations bills attached for several agencies, including the Pentagon, Department of Homeland Security, and NASA. The continuing resolution (CR) has been stalled as...
- GOP set to lift block of Hagel but doubts endure about his likely level of support. // Hill;2/25/2013, Vol. 20 Issue 19, p6
The article presents the insights of Senator John McCain and Senator Tom Coburn regarding the competency of former Senator Chuck Hagel as U.S. Department of Defense Secretary.
- Just One Question. // National Journal;3/29/2008, Vol. 40 Issue 13, p7
The article presents the views of U.S. Republican Senators Tom Coburn and John McCain on the decision of the Senate to reject a one-year moratorium on appropriations earmarks. Coburn says that earmarks has been linked by the public to corruption and political expediency. McCain believes that...
- TECHNOLOGY. // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;10/4/2010, Vol. 40 Issue 13, p13
The article announces that the Utah broadband Mapping, Analysis, and Planning Project is receiving a supplemental grant award of 3.1 million U.S. dollars from the U.S. Department of Commerce's National Telecommunications and Information Administration.
- NTIA to gather tower-siting best practices. // RCR Wireless News;4/1/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 13, p11
Reports on the efforts of the U.S. National Telecommunications and Information Administration to disseminate information on tower siting and other rights-of-way issues to spur broadband deployment. Advantage of the effort.
- NTIA asks for comments on broadband deployment. // RCR Wireless News;11/19/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 47, p7
Reports on the request of the National Telecommunications and Information Administration for comments on several broadband deployment issues. Submission of the request.
- Federal government OKs expansion of ARRA-funded broadband project. // Caribbean Business;3/14/2013, Vol. 41 Issue 9, p6
The article reports on the U.S. National Telecommunications and Information Administration (NTIA)'s approval of Puerto Rico Bridge Initiative (PRBI) project's expansion, which was announced by Critical Hub Networks to include a fiber optic middle-mile segment through the Tren Urbano rail system.
- NTIA to Study Broadband. Hearn, Ted // Multichannel News;11/26/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 48, p16
Reports the study of the United States National Telecommunications and Information Administration on the state of broadband deployment. Need for overhaul deployment policies; Impact on the changes in the telecommunication pricing rules.