TWC GETS TOUGH ON RETRANS
- Time Warner Cable Eyes Softening Market. Gruenwedel, Erik // Home Media Magazine;12/14/2008, Vol. 30 Issue 50, p6
The article reports that Time Warner Cable is expecting the economic slowdown to impact the cable television business. According to Glen Britt, president and chief executive officer (CEO) of Time Warner Cable, the cable business would be affected if consumers continue to lose their homes and...
- TWC LOSES VIDEO SUBS. Gruenwedel, Erik // Home Media Magazine;1/30/2012, Vol. 34 Issue 4, p10
The article reports on the 129,000 video subscribers lost by Time Warner Cable in the fourth quarter of 2011, adding to a total loss of 453,000 video subscribers for the cable operator in 2011.
- TWC Puts Cap Plans on Ice. Spangler, Todd // Multichannel News;4/20/2009, Vol. 30 Issue 16, p3
The article reports on the plan of Time Warner Cable Inc. to provide wide-range Internet usage-based pricing schemes in the U.S. cable industry. Glenn Britt, chief executive officer (CEO) of the company, stated that the plan includes the advancement of measurement tools to deliver high quality...
- Comcast Eyes 3.7% Rate Hike. Haugsted, Linda // Multichannel News;10/13/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 40, p43
The article discusses the plan of Comcast to raise cable rates across the U.S. an average of 3.7% in 2008. Notices have been sent to consumers about the change in rates, with customers in Maryland facing a raise for the standard service from $56.40 to $60. Other tiers of programming will also...
- CAPITAL STEPS: Getting VC's Attention. Kuhl, Craig // CED;May2007, Vol. 33 Issue 5, p20
The article focuses on the growing interest of the venture capital community to invest in the cable industry in the U.S. According to the author, positive developments in the cable industry have gradually drawn the attention of venture capitalists. Moreover, the growing popularity of Internet...
- TWC picks OpenTV's ad management platform. // CED;Jun2009, Vol. 35 Issue 6, p6
The article reports on the selection of OpenTV's advertising campaign management platform by Time Warner Cable (TWC) Inc. in the U.S. It states that TWC plans to deploy the campaign management platform throughout its regional operating centers in the country. TWC will be using OpenTV's...
- Fox to Subs: Demand 'TV Everywhere!' SPANGLER, TODD // Multichannel News;8/22/2011, Vol. 32 Issue 32, p8
The article focuses on the encouragement by Fox Broadcasting Network on television (TV) customers to demand the participation of their providers in its "TV Everywhere" service.
- North Carolina Group Weighs Buyout. Haugsted, Linda // Multichannel News;6/4/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 23, p24
The article reports on a consortium of towns close to Charlotte, North Carolina that is deliberating on the possible acquisition of a local cable system operated by Time Warner Cable in 2007. The consortium has until the middle of June 2007 to decide on whether to purchase the cable system,...
- Viewers Just Can't Get Enough Cable. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;7/26/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 29, p34
In this article the author discusses aspects on the average number of hours spent by consumers in the U.S. viewing cable television programming, which reveals that consumers are still watchiing in record numbers.