Nord Stream receives environmental clearance from Sweden and Finland
- Nigeria's gas potential virtually limitless. Ford, Neil // African Business;Jan2005, Issue 305, p40
Presents information on the development of the Nigeria Liquefied Natural Gas Ltd. (NLNG) plant on Bonny Island. Total amount of investment required for the Chad-Cameroon oil pipeline project; Estimated number of natural gas reserves in the country; Expected benefits of the NLNG to the country's...
- Nord Stream receives environmental clearance from Sweden and Finland. // MarketWatch: Energy;Dec2009, Vol. 8 Issue 12, p14
The article reports that Nord Stream AG had received the environmental approval from the Swedish and Finnish governments for the construction of two gas pipelines. It states that the company now needs approval from Germany and Russia to start the project's construction in 2010. It also discusses...
- Puerto Rico has to move forward on natural gas now. // Caribbean Business;5/17/2012, Vol. 40 Issue 19, p24
The author reflects on the need of Puerto Rican government to push for the construction of the V�a Verde project, a 91-mile pipeline which will link north-coast powerplants to the country's liquefied natural gas (LNG) terminal in Guayanilla on the south coast. The author believes that the...
- Enterprise enters market. Francis, Robert // Fort Worth Business Press;3/26/2007, Vol. 20 Issue 13, p38
The article reports on the announcement of Enterprise Products Partners LP of Houston, Texas, a natural gas pipeline, processing and storage asset operator, on its plan to form a natural gas services and marketing business similar to its existing natural gas liquids (NGL) and petrochemical...
- Opposition based on supposition. Hritcko Jr., John // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);9/2/2005, Vol. 52 Issue 37, p10A
Comments on the impact of new liquefied natural gas (LNG) import terminals on the supply and demand problem confronting businesses in Long Island, New York. Misconception about a new source of natural gas; Pros and cons of the Broadwater Energy project; Impact of recently signed national energy...
- North American LNG Market Booming, Thanks to Healthy Demand in Asia. Godkin, David // ENR: Engineering News-Record;12/26/2011, Vol. 267 Issue 19, p1
The article discusses the liquefied natural gas (LNG) market in North America, noting the impact of increased demand for LNG in Asian countries and the expansion of North American gas reserves. An overview is provided of natural gas export and transportation projects by Canadian energy...
- Alaskan LNG pipeline may be feasible. // Pipeline & Utilities Construction;Oct96, Vol. 51 Issue 10, p7
Reports that an export pipeline for liquefied natural gas from Alaska's North Slope drilling area is feasible in about 10 years. Reduction of start-up costs; Prediction made by representative of British Petroleum, Atlantic Richfield and Exxon.
- Lebanon. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;10/24/1997, Vol. 41 Issue 43, p22
Reports on the Lebanese government's solicitation of bids from international consultants to act as project manager of a proposed liquefied natural gas regasification plant and pipeline. Estimated cost of the project; Plans for an environmental upgrade of the country's power plants.
- Long-term gas plans are crucial. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;4/22/2011, Vol. 55 Issue 16, p7
The article reports that Bahrain is trying to secure its plan to build a liquefied natural gas (LNG) terminal which is reportedly important for its future.