FIGHT or FLIGHT
- From Your Backyard. Saladin, Chris; Cleeves, Paul R.; Cavey, Catherine; Coutant, Dixie; Latrémouille, Marc; Matzen, Frank E. // Birder's World;Apr2006, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p66
The article relates the readers' encounter with birds. Chris Saladin had monitored Cleveland-area Peregrine Falcon nests for the Ohio Division of Wildlife. It reveals that Paul R. Cleeves have supplied feathers for swallows that nest on his farm for years. Marc LatrÃ©mouille have always looked...
- SNOWY OWLS IN CONNECTICUT WINTER 2013-2014. // COA Bulletin (Connecticut Ornithological Association);Spring2014, Vol. 29 Issue 1, p5
Photographs of various snowy owls are presented.
- PEREGRINE FALCON. Lazarus, Nevil // Wildlife Australia;Summer2013, Vol. 50 Issue 4, pB
The article offers information on the photographs of a peregrine falcon family captured in Australia.
- Red-breasted goose colonies on the Taimyr Peninsula: Factors responsible for the proximity of goose nests to nests of peregrine falcons, rough-legged buzzards, and snowy owls. Kharitonov, S. P.; Nowak, D. E.; Nowak, A. I.; Egorova, N. A.; Korkina, S. A.; Osipov, D. V.; Natal'skaya, O. V. // Biology Bulletin;Oct2009, Vol. 36 Issue 5, p469
Red-breasted goose colonies have been studied near Medusa Bay (73Â°21â€²N, 80Â°32â€²E), on the northwestern Taimyr Peninsula, and along the Agapa River (70Â°11â€²N, 86Â°15â€²E) down to its mouth (71Â°26â€²N, 89Â° 13â€²E), in the central Taimyr Peninsula....
- Picturing unexpected. Schumacher, Johann // Bird Watching;Dec2011, Vol. 25 Issue 6, p26
The article presents a personal narrative which explores the author's experience of taking photographs of Snowy Owls, and offers information on the owls. The author states that, he and his photographer friend took the photographs in Long Island. It is reported that, owls fly to southern Canada...
- TEN MOST WANTED. Berger, Cynthia // National Wildlife (World Edition);Jun/Jul2005, Vol. 43 Issue 4, p36
Provides information on several birds species that U.S. bird watchers want to see. Spectacled eider; Ross' gull; Atlantic puffin; Snowy owl.
- Falcons fly high for bird patrol. // Local Authority Waste & Recycling;Oct2009, Vol. 17 Issue 10, p16
The article reports on a team of hybrid peregrine falcons at the Coxhoe and Blaydon landfills of Premier Waste Management in England. The falcons will be used to deter sea gulls and other birds from the site which can disturb activity at the landfill and cause a nuisance to local residents....
- Look at Different Owls. // Weekly Reader - Pre K;Oct2005, p2
Looks at the photographs of different owls. Great grey owl; Elf owl; Snowy owl; Horned owl.
- Arctic Journal. Lynch, Wayne // Birder's World;Jun2004, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p42
Presents a journal of a couple of nature photographers searching for Snowy owl near the Arctic Circle. Various kinds of ducks observed the photographed; Birds found in a lake; Pair of Pacific Loons observed in the lake.