USING ROLE PLAY AND VIDEO TECHNOLOGY IN BUILDING SCHOOL WIDE DISCIPLINE PROGRAMS
- Creating and Responding to text ISN'T A DRAMA! Dennison, Dayna // Practically Primary;Jun2011, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p30
The article focuses on the use of drama techniques with students when responding to and creating texts. It mentions that the techniques include writing in role, role on the wall and freeze frames. It states that the integration of drama in the classroom is designed to enforce a richer...
- Gracie and Josh - emotionally and creatively engaging in Drama. GERVAY, SUSANNE // Practically Primary;Oct2013, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p8
The article focuses on drama study and process that involves imagination, role-playing and creating or interpreting story, focusing on the book "Gracie and Josh." It states that the book emotionally and creatively engage younger students in drama, wherein, the whole class can participate in the...
- Reaching Children with Autism Spectrum Disorders Using Creative Dramatics: The Building Blocks Model. Van Volkenburg, Julia Byers // Dimensions of Early Childhood;2015, Vol. 43 Issue 2, p13
The article focuses on the use of the creative dramatics approach in teaching children with autism spectrum disorder (ASD). Topics discussed include challenges in social language skills by children with ASD, benefits of creative dramatics on children with ASD, and examples of the Building Blocks...
- The Kindergarten Club. Mitchell Palmore, Elaine // Montessori Life;Fall99, Vol. 11 Issue 4, p37
The article offers information about the kindergarten club. The club is created to make kindergarten-age children to have a memorable last year at the school wherein they can have the opportunity to get to know each other and to bond through activities. The first session was an opportunity for...
- Using Sociodrama to Help Young Children Problem Solve. Pecaski McLennan, Deanna // Early Childhood Education Journal;Jan2012, Vol. 39 Issue 6, p407
Sociodrama is an arts-based, action-oriented tool of individual and collective social exploration and creative problem solving that allows participants to explore and find potential resolutions to issues of concern and conflict in their lives. This article describes how Early Years educators can...
- FAMILY HEARTBEAT. Schneider, Sara // Creative Kids;Winter2001/2002, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p8
Relates the experience of the author on family in Connecticut. Details on the role playing of the author's brothers; Description of the author's mother; Details of the family hug.
- Acting Up. Burton, Marilee Robin // Parenting;Aug99, Vol. 13 Issue 6, p139
Presents several role-playing activities for parents and their children. Sock Hop, a puppet play; A Feast for Beasts, a pretend birthday of a favorite stuffed animal; Animal Show, an animal-guessing game; How to play; Materials needed; Procedures. INSETS: Onstage;The Whole Ensemble.
- Role-play, kin to dress-up. D.G. // Playthings;Nov2000, Vol. 98 Issue 11, p34
Features several role-play toys. Effectiveness of role-play toys in helping children understand the world around them; Kitchen for Two playset from Step 2; Kitchen- and workshop-themed toys from Little Tikes; Medical sets from Fisher-Price.
- Wanna Be a Cat? // New Moon Girls;Nov/Dec2015, Vol. 23 Issue 2, p20
The article presents the online role play enacted by the readers of a girls magazine wherein the group of girls play as cats, which are on an adventure to find their missing pals.