Online Publication and the Impact Factor
- Journal Impact Factor: "the poor man's citation analysis"and alternative approaches. Marx, Werner; Bornmann, Lutz // European Science Editing;Aug2013, Vol. 39 Issue 3, p62
The Journal Impact Factor has a number of drawbacks preventing its use for assessment of separate journal articles and individuals. With that in mind, most experts would endorse the San Francisco Declaration on Research Assessment (DORA), which highlights the appropriate use of bibliometric...
- Editorial. Lützén, Kim // Nordic Journal of Nursing Research & Clinical Studies / VÃ¥rd i ;Mar2015, Vol. 35 Issue 1, p1
No abstract available.
- BJOT receives its first Impact Factor. // British Journal of Occupational Therapy;Jul2013, Vol. 76 Issue 7, p324
The article reports that the journal "British Journal of Occupational Therapy's" (BJOT) impact factor of 1.096, places the periodical third in the "Journal Citation Reports'" international occupational therapy journals list.
- Effectiveness of Planned Teaching Programme on Prevention of Anaemia among School Going Adolescent Girls. Moreshwar, S. A.; Naik, V. A.; Chrostina, B. C. // International Journal of Nursing Education;Jan-Jun2014, Vol. 6 Issue 1, p234
No abstract available.
- Impact beyond the impact factor. Zupanc, Günther // Journal of Comparative Physiology A: Neuroethology, Sensory, Neu;Feb2014, Vol. 200 Issue 2, p113
The journal impact factor is an annually calculated number for each scientific journal, based on the average number of times its articles published in the two preceding years have been cited. It was originally devised as a tool for librarians and publishers to provide information about the...
- THE IMPACT OF THE INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF LEXICOGRAPHY. Bogaards, Paul // International Journal of Lexicography;Dec2012, Vol. 25 Issue 4, p393
The article discusses the impact factor and ranking of the periodical "International Journal of Lexicography" among scientific journals. It mentions that the impact factor of the periodical is based on average number of citations published by papers in that journal receive within a time span of...
- Are we ready for an impact factor? Finlayson, Marcia; Miller, William C. // Canadian Journal of Occupational Therapy;Apr2009, Vol. 76 Issue 2, p67
The authors examine the readiness of the "Canadian Journal of Occupational Therapy" (CJOT) to implement journal impact factor (JIF) of the Institute for Scientific Information (ISI). They found that the Web of Knowledge (WoK) database of ISI does not include all articles of CJOT published from...
- Play Language and Sensoryu Integration Therapy. Rizzo, Terry; Bishop, Paul // Adapted Physical Activity Quarterly;Oct1998, Vol. 15 Issue 4, p382
Presents an abstract of the article `Symbolic Play Language During Sensory Integration Treatment,' written by Cross, L. A., and Coster, W.J. and published in the 1998 `American Journal of Occupational Therapy' periodical's 51st edition.
- Play for Preschoolers. Rizzo, Terry; Bishop, Paul // Adapted Physical Activity Quarterly;Oct1998, Vol. 15 Issue 4, p382
Presents an abstract of the article `The Role of Play in Pediatric Occupational Therapy,' written by K.J. Couch, J.C. Deitz, and E.M. Kanny which was published in the 1998 `American Journal of Occupational Therapy' periodical.