Online Publication and the Impact Factor
Tags: ELECTRONIC journals; AMERICAN Journal of Occupational Therapy (Periodical); IMPACT factor (Citation analysis); OCCUPATIONAL therapy; BIBLIOGRAPHICAL citations; PERIODICALS -- Articles; OCCUPATIONAL therapists; RESEARCH; ELECTRONIC publications; RESEARCH personnel
- Journal Impact Factor: "the poor man's citation analysis"and alternative approaches. Marx, Werner; Bornmann, Lutz // European Science Editing;
The Journal Impact Factor has a number of drawbacks preventing its use for assessment of separate journal articles and individuals. With that in mind, most experts would endorse the San Francisco Declaration on Research Assessment (DORA), which highlights the appropriate use of bibliometric...
- BJOT receives its first Impact Factor. // British Journal of Occupational Therapy;
The article reports that the journal "British Journal of Occupational Therapy's" (BJOT) impact factor of 1.096, places the periodical third in the "Journal Citation Reports'" international occupational therapy journals list.
- THE IMPACT OF THE INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF LEXICOGRAPHY. Bogaards, Paul // International Journal of Lexicography;Dec2012, Vol. 25 Issue 4, p393
The article discusses the impact factor and ranking of the periodical "International Journal of Lexicography" among scientific journals. It mentions that the impact factor of the periodical is based on average number of citations published by papers in that journal receive within a time span of...
- Impact beyond the impact factor. Zupanc, Günther // Journal of Comparative Physiology A: Neuroethology, Sensory, Neu;Feb2014, Vol. 200 Issue 2, p113
The journal impact factor is an annually calculated number for each scientific journal, based on the average number of times its articles published in the two preceding years have been cited. It was originally devised as a tool for librarians and publishers to provide information about the...
- Play Language and Sensoryu Integration Therapy. Rizzo, Terry; Bishop, Paul // Adapted Physical Activity Quarterly;Oct1998, Vol. 15 Issue 4, p382
Presents an abstract of the article `Symbolic Play Language During Sensory Integration Treatment,' written by Cross, L. A., and Coster, W.J. and published in the 1998 `American Journal of Occupational Therapy' periodical's 51st edition.
- Play for Preschoolers. Rizzo, Terry; Bishop, Paul // Adapted Physical Activity Quarterly;Oct1998, Vol. 15 Issue 4, p382
Presents an abstract of the article `The Role of Play in Pediatric Occupational Therapy,' written by K.J. Couch, J.C. Deitz, and E.M. Kanny which was published in the 1998 `American Journal of Occupational Therapy' periodical.
- State of the Journal, 2012. Gutman, Sharon A. // American Journal of Occupational Therapy;Nov/Dec2012, Vol. 66 Issue 6, p636
The author highlights several changes in American Journal of Occupational Therapy (AJOT) including the move to online submission, peer review, and publication; a steady increase in the journal's impact factor (IF) score; and an increase in the amount of published intervention effectiveness...
- Making an impact: Journal of Foot and Ankle Research. Menz, Hylton B.; Potter, Mike J.; Borthwick, Alan M.; Munteanu, Shannon E.; Landorf, Karl B. // Podiatry Now;Nov2012, Vol. 15 Issue 11, p23
The article discusses the role of impact factor in journal rankings. This helps publishers, researchers, clinicians resolve their content quality issues. The impact factor is a measure to understand a journal's reputation and how many times a journal has been reviewed by other researchers. The...
- Underwater Technology and the ISI Impact Factor. Sayer, Martin D. J. // Underwater Technology;Nov2013, Vol. 31 Issue 4, p161
The article discusses why the journal is not rated by bibliographic data service provider Institute for Scientific Information (ISI). An overview of the institute is offered and the importance for academic journals to have the ISI Impact Factor proxy for the relative importance of journals is...