THE OLD NORMAL
- Motorola to Sell SMIC Shares for $112M. // Electronic News;3/7/2005, Vol. 51 Issue 10, pN.PAG
Reports on the plan of Motorola Inc. to sell its shares at Shanghai, China-based Sermiconductor Manufacturing International Corp. (SMIC). Total shares of the company at SMIC; Price being offered per share; Bank that manages the sale of stocks.
- The allure of Alumina. Treadgold, Tim // BRW;6/9/2005, Vol. 27 Issue 22, p79
Assesses the stock performance of Alumina Ltd. for the week ending June 3, 2005. Increase in the company's share price; Alcoa's long-term ownership of Alumina; Price/earnings ratio; Concern about dividend flow.
- Europe: Short-Term Bearish CEE Financial Markets. // Emerging Markets Monitor;6/29/2009, Vol. 15 Issue 13, p15
The article presents an outlook for the financial markets in Central and Eastern Europe (CEE) as of June 2009. It is noted that both Russian and Polish stocks have taken a turn for the worse, which reflects an end to the CEE rally at least in the short term. The Russian RTS has fallen below key...
- Index changes to make market even more fiery. Sender, Henny // Australian Financial Review (0404-2018);7/30/2015, p22
The author presents an update on the Chinese stock markets as of August 2015 including the index of Shanghai A-shares dropping 8.5 percent to 3903 on July 27, 2015.
- Investors still twitchy in China. // Australian Financial Review (0404-2018);7/30/2015, p23
The article reports that China's indices had one of their biggest ever one-day falls on July 27, 2015, despite the government's efforts to settle the country's sharemarkets.
- ASX bounces back as investor sentiment lifts. Cauchi, Stephen // Australian Financial Review (0404-2018);7/30/2015, p24
The article presents an update on the global securities markets including the Australian shares riding a wave of improved global sentiment on July 29, 2015 at the S&P/ASX 200 Index.
- How long can China control its markets? Maley, Karen // Australian Financial Review (0404-2018);7/30/2015, p24
The article reports on a range of extraordinary measures announced by the Chinese government to deal the volatility of securities market that is rattling investors.
- Mark Dampier: Why MFM Slater Income caught my eye. Dampier, Mark // Fundweb;6/25/2013, p17
A blog on the British stockmarket is presented.
- Dow Falls For 7th Straight Session; Fitbit Jumps After Hours. STODDARD, SCOTT // Investors Business Daily;8/2/2016, p1
The article presents an update on the U.S. stock market as of August 2, 2016 including stocks ending lower after weaker-than-expected automobile sales and another drop in oil prices that raised concerns about the economic outlook.