Indonesia's 40 Richest
- Middle Class Rising. HE, LAURA; KARMALI, NAAZNEEN; KROLL, LUISA // Forbes Asia;Dec2012, Vol. 8 Issue 14, p88
The article offers information on the advantages of increasing middle class sector in Indonesia that will results in increasing economic structure of the country. It mentions several tycoons of Indonesia which includes Eka Tjipta Widjaja, founder of the Sinar Mas Group, which was one of the...
- Indonesia's 40 Richest. Doebele, Justin; Vorasarun, Chaniga // Forbes Asia;9/18/2006, Vol. 2 Issue 15, p62
A list of the 40 richest Indonesians in presented. It includes Sukanto Tanoto, head of Asia Pacific Resources, Eka Tjipta Widjaja, founder of Asia Pulp & Paper, Rachman Halim, head of Gudang Garam, Budi Hartono, owner of Djarum, Aburizal Bakrie, head of Bakrie Group, and Eddy William Katuari,...
- Global Ambitions. KARMALI, NAAZNEEN // Forbes Asia;Dec2014, Vol. 9 Issue 14, p86
The article presents information on 50 richest people of Indonesia and the economy of the nation. Indonesia's economy has seen a growth of 6% in the third quarter of the financial year 2013. Some of the people in the list are R. Budi & Michael Hartono, Eka Tjipta Widjaja, and Anthoni Salim....
- A New Leaf. Alexander, Dan // Forbes Asia;Dec2014, Vol. 10 Issue 14, p125
The article discusses the success of Indonesian businessman Eka Tjipta Widjaja in founding the Indonesian palm oil company Sinar Mas Group.
- Wilmar's Harvest. Nguyen, Lan Anh // Forbes Asia;Aug2010, Vol. 6 Issue 9, p41
The article provides information on Wilmar International Inc. founded by Kuok Khoon Hong and Martua Sitorus.
- Indonesia's 40 Richest. Nam, Suzanne; Atal, Maha; Schultz, Keren Blankfeld; Chen, Caroline; Chopra, Tina; Nguyen., Lan Ann // Forbes Asia;12/22/2008, Vol. 4 Issue 22, p44
The article presents information on the 40 richest businesspeople in Indonesia who are worth a total of $21 billion. These include Sukanto Tanoto of RGM International, Michael Hartono, who along with his brother own Djarum PT, maker of clove cigarettes, and Martua Sitorus of Wilmar International...
- Indonesia: The Pains Of High Inflation. // Emerging Markets Monitor;11/7/2005, Vol. 11 Issue 29, p7
Reports on an increase in key target rate of Bank of Indonesia on November 1, 2005. Factors that contributed to the increase; Possible impact of the increase on gross domestic product; Remarks from Indonesian Economy Minister Aburizal Bakrie on the economy of Indonesia.
- PT Bakrie & Brothers Tbk. // ASEANAffairs;2009, Vol. 3 Issue 1, p72
The article features PT Bakrie & Brothers company owned by the family of Aburizal Bakrie in Indonesia. As stated, the company developed from a small regional trading firm it benefited from the government program to develop indigenous businesses. Due to the financial crisis in Indonesia, the...
- Politics and the Press in Indonesia. TAPSELL, ROSS // Media Asia (Asian Media Information & Communication Centre);2012, Vol. 39 Issue 2, p109
This article will explain how one of Indonesia's richest and most powerful man, Aburizal Bakrie, came to purchase the Surabaya Post in 2008 and the consequences of this purchase. For the journalists who work for this daily Indonesian-language newspaper, the change of ownership affected how they...