The Governor And the Fundraiser
- Voice of reason. Sanz, Cynthia; Podesta, Jane Sims // People;8/7/95, Vol. 44 Issue 6, p61
Features Representative Bill Richardson, personal envoy of President Bill Clinton. Role in the release of Burmese dissident Aung San Suu Kyi; Working relations with Clinton; Personal background.
- Richardson considers diplomacy part of his job as representative. Torres, Joseph // Hispanic;May1996, Vol. 9 Issue 5, p10
Reports on the diplomacy-related activities of Congressman Bill Richardson. Rescue of constituents Joseph and Jamie Rivera, who were trapped in French Polynesia in the wake of demonstrations against French nuclear tests; Negotiation of a nuclear agreement in North Korea; Meeting with Iraqi...
- Diplomatic coup. Cole, Melanie // Hispanic;Mar1997, Vol. 10 Issue 3, p18
Profiles Bill Richardson, the United States ambassador to the United Nations. Achievements as a freelance diplomat; Ethnic origins of his parents; Objective and challenges as UN ambassador; Reaction of Cuban-Americans to his trip to Cuba; Pride in his Hispanic roots.
- New Mexico Expects Strong Demand for $135 Million GO Sale. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;2/4/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31566, p30
Reports that New Mexico will sell 134.8 million dollar of general obligation bonds in the second week of February 2003 under Governor Bill Richardson. Legislative measures which Richardson expects to get implemented; Projects approved by voters in November 2002; Maximum life for which New...
- Letters. Gessing, Paul J.; Monk, Randall; Bullock, Scott; Fry-Revere, Sigrid // Reason;Dec2007, Vol. 39 Issue 7, p6
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "The Real Bill Richardson," in the August 2007 issue.
- 'It's all about Bill' Richardson, Bill // New York Amsterdam News;7/19/2001-7/25/2001, Vol. 92 Issue 29, p9
Reports that a blue-ribbon committee of friends has announced a special scholarship brunch in the memory of Bill Richardson, former vice president of corporate affairs for Schieffelin & Somerset Co., at the New York Sheraton Hotel in New York City. Co-chairs of the event; Beneficiary of...
- Bill Richardson's memory lives on. Browne, J. Zamgba // New York Amsterdam News;10/25/2001, Vol. 92 Issue 43, p8
Reports the gathering of family and friends of scholar Bill Richardson at the Sheraton Hotel in Manhattan, New York. Support on scholarship funds of William J., Richardson/Jackie Robinson; Commemoration of experiences with Bill; Description of the personality Bill.
- NEW MEXICO: Domestic partners of state retirees get benefits. // Gay & Lesbian Times;5/7/2009, Issue 1115, p23
The article reports on the executive order in 2003 signed by Governor Bill Richardson to extend health care benefits to the domestic partners of the retired governmental and educational gay and lesbian state employees in Santa Fe, New Mexico.
- DinÃ© projects hard hit by N.M. budget cutting. Donovan, Bill // Navajo Times;3/11/2010, Vol. 49 Issue 10, pA.1
The article reports that Governor Bill Richardson has inked the Senate Bill (SB) 182 to cancel dozens of capital outlay grants for more than 2,500 projects to save more than 141 million dollars in Window Rock, Arizona.