NO FREE LUNCH DRINK
- MODELING IN WATER MANAGEMENT. Scavia, Donald // BioScience;Oct1977, Vol. 27 Issue 10, p688
The article reviews the book "Systems Approach to Water Management," edited by Asit K. Biswas.
- Northern Exposures. Handley, John // American Diplomacy;5/10/2010, p1
The article reviews the article "Northern Exposure," by James Kraska, which appeared in the web site http://www.the-american-interest.com/article-bd.cfm?piece=810.
- VIEWPOINT. Reeves, Nick // WET News: Water & Effluent Treatment News;Jun2011, Vol. 17 Issue 6, p7
The author discusses the problem of water scarcity, which he says is something that will define the 21st century.
- Drought threatens car wash. // Forecourt Trader;Mar2012, p5
The article reports on the significant impact of water shortages on service stations compared with unregulated hand car wash operator in Great Britain in 2012, according to Car Wash Association (CWA) chairman David Charman.
- Doha plans $3bn west coast power and water plant. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;2/29/2008, Vol. 52 Issue 9, p14
The article reports on the plan by the Qatari government to build an independent water and power project (IWPP) in the country's west coast to resolve the projected shortage of power and water supply in the country in 2012.
- Vulnerability Mapping for Water Stress in Kerala. Devi, P. Indira; Sunil, K. M.; Solomon, Sebin Sara; Seenath, P. // Journal of Resources, Energy & Development;Mar2014, Vol. 11 Issue 1/2, p41
The article focuses on the water resources and its scarcity in Kerala, India.
- Water, Conflict, and Hope. Greenberg, Michael R. // American Journal of Public Health;Nov2009, Vol. 99 Issue 11, p1928
The author reflects on the role that control of water resources plays in international and regional conflicts. He describes water disputes in different parts of the United States going back to the early 1900's. In many international disputes, the scarcity of water can have serious public health...
- Cibolo Valley project will remain in water plan. Gibbs Jr., William J. // Wilson County News;9/9/2015, Vol. 42 Issue 36, p1A
The article focuses on issues concerning a proposed water project in Cibolo Valley in Texas.
- Drowning in People. // Wired;Jul2008, Vol. 16 Issue 7, p7
An excerpt from a comment posted at www.wired.com in response to the article "Peak Water" in the May 2008 issue.