Healthy pregnancy podcasts from NIH
- The Medical Risks of Waiting. Wallis, Claudia; Jucius, Adrianne // Time;2/22/1982, Vol. 119 Issue 8, p66
The article focuses on the medical management of delayed motherhood in the U.S. It clarifies that women who were pregnant at the age of 30s are not risks in any complications, according to obstetrician William Gold of Washington D. C. It mentions the advantages of fitness program and good...
- Women's compliance with nutrition and lifestyle recommendations before pregnancy: general population cohort study. Inskip, Hazel M.; Crozier, Sarah R.; Godfrey, Keith M.; Borland, Sharon E.; Cooper, Cyrus; Robinson, Siân M. // BMJ: British Medical Journal (Overseas & Retired Doctors Edition;3/7/2009, p586
Objective To examine the extent to which women planning a pregnancy comply with recommendations for nutrition and lifestyle. Design Prospective cohort study. Setting Southampton, United Kingdom. Participants 12 445 non-pregnant women aged 20-34 recruited to the Southampton Women's Survey through...
- Just say yes. Moline, Peg // Fit Pregnancy;Oct/Nov2012, Vol. 19 Issue 4, p12
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses various reports within the issue on topics including the places where to find the best foods for prenatal diet, precautions on the foods to be taken during pregnancy and ways on how to turn unhealthy habits into a positive one.
- A Review of Nutrition Education: Before, Between and Beyond Pregnancy. Everette, Mable // Current Women's Health Reviews;2009, Vol. 5 Issue 4, p193
Nutrition education is defined as any set of learning experiences designed to facilitate the voluntary adoption of eating and other nutrition-related behaviors, conducive to health and well being. Preconception, the period before pregnancy and usually encompassing teenaged years and early...
- Ingesta de hierro y folatos durante el embarazo y su relaci�n con indicadores bioqu�micos maternos. Correa, Luz Mariela Manjarr�s; Sosa, Beatriz Elena Parra; Cadavid, Abel D�az; Mesa, Sandra Luc�a Restrepo; L�pez, Lorena Patricia Mancilla // Iatreia;jul-sep2012, Vol. 25 Issue 3, p194
Introduction: Anemia during pregnancy is a public health problem in Latin America, including Colombia. Objective: To evaluate the biochemical indicators of iron and folate nutritional state in a group of pregnant women belonging to a nutritional government program in Antioquia (Colombia)....
- double duty. Temple, Diane // Australian Table;Jun2004, Vol. 5 Issue 10, p100
Emphasizes the importance of good nutrition to pregnant women. Nutrient groups from which women should eat regularly during pregnancy; Recipe of Chicken & Chickpea Salad.
- Prenatal vitamins from A to Z. Tarkan, Laurie // Fit Pregnancy;Dec2012/Jan2013, Vol. 19 Issue 5, p30
Several questions and answers related to taking supplements during pregnancy are presented which includes proper time of stating prenatal vitamin, types of vitamins and minerals needed, and additional supplements for vegetarians.
- A healthy baby...maybe. Deas, Gerald W. // New York Amsterdam News;6/12/2003, Vol. 94 Issue 24, p16
This article presents information related to health care of an expecting mother. Suggestions for giving birth to a strong and healthy baby are provided. First of all, an ample amount of folic acid, which can be found in abundance in brewer's yeast, liver, spinach, watercress and kale, will...
- Dodging deficiency. Roan, Shari // Fit Pregnancy;Oct/Nov2010, Vol. 17 Issue 4, p22
The article focuses on the need for pregnant women to take 400 IU of vitamin D supplements everyday to help prevent prenatal infection and preterm birth in the U.S.