Research topic: fairy-tale conflict resolution
- Perceptions on Managerial Behaviour and Positive Workplace Experience. Frempong, Evelyn Owusu; Ahenkora, Kwaku; Asamoah, Abigail // International Journal of Business Management & Economic Research;2013, Vol. 4 Issue 1, p688
Managerial behaviour and its influence on the work environment is dynamic and requires continuous examination to ensure congruence of managerial and employee perspectives. This study, therefore, explored employee views on managerial behaviour that enhance positive workplace experience in a...
- Variations in managers' styles of handling conflict as a function of occupational specialties. Lamude, Kevin G.; Scudder, Joseph // Perceptual & Motor Skills;Oct99, Vol. 89 Issue 2, p605
Examines how variations in diversity of work unit affect managers' styles of handling conflict. Managers of technical work units as more likely to support staffs and middle-line managers to use the aggressive style of conflict with subordinates; Use of the avoidance style by middle-line managers.
- Welcome dissension -- and redirect it. // Managing People at Work;Jun2010, Issue 339, p5
The article offers information on how managers should view and tackle conflict within their organizations.
- Power sources and management styles. LeNoble, Philip Jay // Management Review;Dec93, Vol. 82 Issue 12, p47
Discusses different management styles. Autocratic managers; Custodial management; Participative managers; Collegial management styles.
- Leadership Styles & Conflict Management Styles of Executives. Limbare, Sameer // Indian Journal of Industrial Relations;Jul2012, Vol. 48 Issue 1, p172
The present study examines the relationship between leadership styles and the conflict management styles of the executives of the large and middle scale industries in Nashik. Two scales were used, one each for leadership styles and conflict management styles. The results indicated that...
- Organizational Leadership Satisfaction and Productivity: A Comparative Analysis. Roberts, Karlene; Miles, Raymond E.; Blankenship, L. Vaughn // Academy of Management Journal;Dec1968, Vol. 11 Issue 4, p401
Questionnaire responses were collected from nearly 400 managers in the six divisions of a manufacturing organization, along with company data on division performance. Analysis of aggregate scores for the divisions indicate a relationship among leadership behavior, satisfaction, and performance...
- Leading Leaders. Salacuse, Jeswald W. // Leading Leaders - Business Book Summaries;2006, Vol. 1 Issue 1, p1
Leaders are in for a new set of challenges when they are called upon to manage people who are themselves leaders. The challenge of leading leaders is particularly prevalent in "high talent" organizations made up of people with high levels of education, skill, wealth, and influence, such as other...
- When managers can't manage. Stettner, Morey // Managing People at Work;Mar2012, Issue 360, p2
The article offers the author's view on the failures of managers in managing business and the downfall of Bank of New York Mellon Corp. chief executive officer (CEO) Robert Kelly due to his abusive management style.
- An empirical study to measure the relationship between management style and conflict management. Pour, Saeed Moghaddas; Zadeh, Alireza Bakhshi; Barati, Elham // Management Science Letters;2012, Vol. 2 Issue 6, p2249
Leadership plays an important role among five main components of management. These days, many organizations try to resolve any existing conflicts through adapting an appropriate leadership strategy. During the past few years, there are increasing interests in examining the relationship between...