RBS 'will try to avoid making compulsory redundancies.'
- RBS cuts 4,500 UK jobs. // Computer Weekly;4/14/2009, p5
The article reports that 9,000 jobs are being cut by the Royal Bank of Scotland (RBS) globally, including 4,500 in Great Britain. As reported, in order to reduce costs, RBS is moving to a common technology platform. It is also reported that these cuts are being made in RBS's manufacturing...
- Bad month. // Human Resources (09648380);May2009, p7
The article reports on the reduction of the employees of The Royal Bank of Scotland in Great Britain. It is said that the latest losses come on top of the 2,700 job cuts announced earlier in 2009. It revealed that one in five posts will now be redundant and Sir Fred Goodwin's pension alone would...
- Manpower matters: changing attitudes to redundancy. Megranahan, Mike // Journal of General Management;Winter83, Vol. 9 Issue 2, p98
Several companies in Great Britain have undertaken initiatives to help mitigate adverse effects and change attitudes to redundancy, internally and externally. These initiatives range from assisting former employees to finding new jobs with other employers, to helping create new jobs in the...
- LEGAL CHECKLIST. // People Management;1/11/2007, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p23
This article cites a number of court cases involving personnel management in Great Britain. A court held that the Royal Bank of Scotland being the cause of its employee's illness does not make that employee's ill-health dismissal automatically unfair, but it is a factor to be taken into account....
- LEGAL CHECKLIST. // People Management;3/20/2008, Vol. 14 Issue 6, p23
The article provides annotations to court cases on employee dismissal. Given are brief facts about these cases and the potential remedies a tribunal can apply to clarify interpretations of the Employment Rights Act 1996 in relation to what both parties contend surrounding the dismissal. The...
- RBS cuts 1,400 more jobs. Dale, Samuel // Mortgage Strategy (Online Edition);5/16/2013, p2
The article reports that the Edinburgh and London offices of the Royal Bank of Scotland will be a part of 1,400 job cuts from 2013-2015.
- RBS brings in top HR management gurus. // Personnel Today;12/1/2009, p2
The article reports that Royal Bank of Scotland (RBS) has hired two management experts to help its HR team through the restructuring in the bank.
- ORCHESTRATING A HAPPY ENDING. MCPHERSON, BLAIR // Government News;Jun2010, Vol. 30 Issue 3, p18
The article offers ways on how to manage major restructuring and compulsory redundancies. It suggests that both managers and the human resource (HR) personnel should discuss with the employees their circumstances and potential options and make interim handover arrangements before the employees...
- Making staff redundant. // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;8/11/2005, Vol. 195 Issue 4386, p48
The article presents tips on dismissing a redundant employee. The processes involved in employee dismissal are enumerated. The criterion in selecting a redundant employee is discussed. The compensation awarded to employees are unfairly dismissed is mentioned.