UP IN THE AIR
- Union ballots signal summer of strikes. // Travel Weekly: The Choice of Travel Professionals;7/28/2003, Issue 1678, p3
Reports on the union strikes at British Airways PLC demanding for industrial action. Complaints concerning the introduction of automated time-recording system cards by the airline company; Details about the negotiations between the unions and the company; Threats of the strike for the...
- Eye of the storm. Brockett, James // People Management;3/8/2007, Vol. 13 Issue 5, p18
The article reports on the strike action at British Airways which indicates that the problems at the flagship airline are far from over. It is stated that the cause of the strike has something to do with the issue of sickness absence. Unions stated that a strict absence management policy was...
- BA rocked by strike threat. Taylor, Ian // Travel Weekly (UK);1/19/2007, p14
The article reports that the British Airway's (BA) cabin crew backed a call for strike action in a ballot over pay. Some union representatives have rejected a pensions deal agreed earlier in January 2007, although key groups such as pilots appear ready to accept. In other news, BA has cut its...
- To Strike, to Serve? Industrial Action at British Airways. British Airways plc v Unite the Union (Nos 1 and 2). Prassl, Jeremias // Industrial Law Journal;Mar2011, Vol. 40 Issue 1, p82
No abstract available.
- Airline accused of running `beauty contest' for union. Walsh, Jennie // People Management;04/02/98, Vol. 4 Issue 7, p9
Reports on British Airways subsidiary low-fare airline Go's plan to select a labor union that will represent its cabin crew and ground personnel. Airline industry unions' protest against the plan.
- BA strike: Unite vows to fight on. // Travel Trade Gazette UK & Ireland;5/21/2010, Issue 2913, p4
The article reports on the dispute between British Airways PLC and Unite cabin crew union which will continue despite the strike being halted when a high court judge grants a last minute injunction in Great Britain.
- Members Of The Impact Union Working As Air Traffic Controllers Are. // AirGuide Business;1/25/2010, p1
The article reports on the plan of Impact Union to conduct a labor strike to the Irish Aviation Authority (IAA) regarding salary increase for air traffic controllers in Ireland in January 2010.
- Argentina's Airline Unions Confirmed That They Will Go On Strike. // AirGuide For the Frequent Flyer;Sep2013, p10
The article informs that airline unions of Argentina has confirmed that they will go on strike from August 29, 2013 to protest government's move to compel LAN Argentina to vacate its hangar at Buenos Aires' domestic Aeroparque airport.
- Striking out. Baker, Kat // Employers Law;Jun2010, p14
The author investigates on the increased use of High Court injunctions to prevent trade unions from taking strike actions in Great Britain. It cites some injunctions in April and May 2010 such as the stopping of the planned strike by journalists against newspaper publisher Johnston Press and the...