'Time off to train' bill passed by Parliament
- Support Tax Credit for Trades. Bledsoe, W.T. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;06/19/2000, Vol. 244 Issue 24, p155
Calls for support for the proposed Skilled Workforce Enhancement Act introduced in May 1999 that will increase apprenticeship training programs in the United States. Details on the bill; Amount of tax credit the bill would provide; Concern of organized labor over the bill.
- Apprenticeship and Training Requirements. // Professional Services Bulletin;Aug2014, Vol. 201, p15
The article discusses requirements for participation of architectural and engineering (A/E) firms and their consultants selected for procurement of design services by the Capital Development Board (CDB) relevant as of May 14, 2013 or after, to participate in apprenticeship and training programs.
- Debates in the Welsh Assembly. Coryton, Demitri; Marshall, Michael; Waterman, Chris // Education Parliamentary Monitor;Mar2010, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p438
The article presents the highlights of several debates in the Welsh Assembly in Great Britain. On March 2, 2010, First Minister Carwyn Jones mentioned that disabled young people had access to the young person's guarantee scheme that will assist them in gaining employment, like SkillBuild and the...
- ASCL Bill. Coryton, Demitri; Grimmett, Helen; Hargreaves, Arabella; Marshall, Michael; Waterman, Chris // Children's Services Parliamentary Monitor;Jun2009, Issue 32, p491
The article discusses the highlights of the deliberation by the British House of Lords on the Apprenticeships, Skills, Children, and Learning (ASCL) Bill held on June 24, 2009. Clauses 12, 13, 15, up to 20, 22, among others were agreed upon either without debate or amendment. The remaining...
- ASCL Bill. Coryton, Demitri; Grimmett, Helen; Hargreaves, Arabella; Marshall, Michael; Waterman, Chris // Children's Services Parliamentary Monitor;Jun2009, Issue 32, p496
The article discusses the highlights of the continuation of the deliberation of the British House of Lords on the Apprenticeships, Skills, Children, and Learning (ASCL) Bill held on June 24, 2009. The British House of Lords considered Clauses 39 to 40. Clause 39 on employee support for employee...
- New rules to affect trades. Huneault, Greg // Northern Ontario Business;Aug98, Vol. 18 Issue 10, p14
Presents information on Bill 55, The Apprenticeship and Certification Act of 1998, a legislation which could significantly change the way apprentices are trained and certified in Northern Ontario. Reference to the Trades Qualification and Apprenticeship Act; Criticisms levied at the...
- Reforms to the Apprenticeship and Certification Act. // Northern Ontario Business;Aug98, Vol. 18 Issue 10, p14
Reports that the Apprenticeship and Certification Act of 1998, received its first reading in the provincial legislature in Northern Ontario, highlighting the reforms which would be implemented if the legislation is passed. Impact the legislation could have on apprenticeship committees if...
- AELP blueprint for reform. // Workplace Learning & Skills Bulletin;2/24/2014, Issue 104, p2
The article offers information on the Apprenticeship Debate of the Association of Employment and Learning Providers (AELP) sponsored by City & Guilds which provides recommendations for ensuring success of Apprenticeship's reforms in England.
- Rights issue. Kent, Simon // Personnel Today;4/8/2003, p31
Discusses the role of union learning representatives in upholding employees' rights to training and development in Great Britain. Statutory rights for learning representatives; Employers' own provision of training. INSETS: WHAT IS A UNION LEARNING REPRESENTATIVE (ULR)?;ULRS AND THEIR...