Reduced absence at Royal Mail 'mitigated strike disruption.'
- Weekly dilemmaâ€¦ Public transport strikes and staff absence. // Personnel Today;9/19/2006, p24
The article presents an expert's answer to a question on how to handle the staff absence during public transport strike. The final responsibility for reaching the workplace lies with the employee. The company should set out a policy on transport strikes. An employee could be given a choice for...
- When the post doesn't come. // Cabinet Maker;11/7/2003, Issue 5363, p8
Focuses on the effects of the unofficial strikes of the Royal Mail Inc. staff on the furniture industry and trade in Great Britain. Impact of the failure of freightage on furniture bargain; Diverse effects of cheques not received by the company on its cashflows; Comments of John Walker, policy...
- Legal Briefs. // HR Specialist: Compensation & Benefits;May2013, Vol. 8 Issue 5, p3
The article presents the summaries of two cases about work hours and the protection of speech by striking workers.
- Here Today, Gone Tomorrow: Employee Absence And The Evaporating Workforce. Kaleta, Sharon; Anderson, Edward E. // National Underwriter / Property & Casualty Risk & Benefits Manag;11/3/2003, Vol. 107 Issue 44, p28
Focuses on the impact of incidental or claimless employee abscenses on struggling companies in the U.S. Unscheduled instances when an employee is away from work for one to five days; Reasons cited why incidental abscenses occur; Effect of unscheduled abscenses on work schedules.
- Leave with no option. Aikin, Olga // People Management;05/06/99, Vol. 5 Issue 9, p25
Discusses absence from work. Its categories; Issue on deciding whether absence procedures should be included in the contact terms; Information on several related cases.
- Missed work and lost hours, May 1985. Klein, Bruce W. // Monthly Labor Review;Nov86, Vol. 109 Issue 11, p26
Examines trends in employee absenteeism in the United States, collected in May 1985 through a special supplement of the Current Population Survey. Proportion of hours lost from unscheduled absences; Causes of absenteeism; Incidence of absenteeism from 1980 to 1985; Variation by industry and...
- Absent workers and lost work hours, May 1978. Taylor, Daniel E. // Monthly Labor Review;Aug79, Vol. 102 Issue 8, p49
Highlights the rates of employee absence in the United States for 1978. Reasons for employees' lost hours of work; Impact of the recession on employee absenteeism; Variation in employee absence trends by industry and occupation.
- Absenteeism and Flexible Work Schedules. McGuire, Jean B.; Liro, Joseph R. // Public Personnel Management;Spring87, Vol. 16 Issue 1, p47
Focuses on the impact of absenteeism on flexible work scheduling in the U.S. Variation of schedule on quarterly basis; Expansion of the flextime programs; Lack of statistical control.
- Absence-minded workers cost business dearly. // Works Management;Jun2001, Vol. 54 Issue 6, p10
Informs on the results of CBI's annual absence survey in Great Britain, published in May 2001. Average cost of absence per employee; Reasons for employee absence.